New to rebreather diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not even sure a brand new JJ diver is allowed to buy the radial scrubber.
That's what I was told as well. Wayne Fisch (US distributor) wouldn't sell me a radial scrubber model for MOD1.

The international version comes comes one way from the factory (default, picked mine up in January 2020).
-Axial Scrubber/5.5lbs
-Cannister/5.5lbs
-MAVs on both Dil/O2.
-Inline shutoff on ADV
-Steel backplate
-Wing
-CL
-Shearwater Petrel-II (JJ-Logo)
-Shearwater HUD
-DSV/Loop
-Batteries
So I don’t need to buy the MAV kit and the unit already has one on diluent side?

Can I use my standard backplate for OC on JJ?
The only difference is the harness. The JJ one is actually the same as the Custom Divers S40 setup. It has hefty metal adjusters which I find a pig to move so it is equivalent to a single piece harness as far as I am concerned.

I have a CE one. It has the dil MAV an ADV shut off. I do find the ADV fires in an annoying way so I do use the shutoff now and again. I am not sure that I could do a dil flush using the counter lung dump while using the ADV as a manual add, maybe all by mouth.

The best advice is to start standard and not mess with it until you are entirely comfortable. One reason I bought a JJ was most of the Inspirations I saw had been messed about, some turned it to frightening things.

So I don’t need to buy the MAV kit and the unit already has one on diluent side?
Correct. Mine came with both dil MAV and ADV in- line shutoff.
But confirm with your seller.

The invoice won't give you much info.
Here was mine:
Screenshot_20200804-132944_Gmail.jpg
You can see the extras I ordered

The only difference is the harness. The JJ one is actually the same as the Custom Divers S40 setup. It has hefty metal adjusters which I find a pig to move so it is equivalent to a single piece harness as far as I am concerned.

I have a CE one. It has the dil MAV an ADV shut off. I do find the ADV fires in an annoying way so I do use the shutoff now and again. I am not sure that I could do a dil flush using the counter lung dump while using the ADV as a manual add, maybe all by mouth.

The best advice is to start standard and not mess with it until you are entirely comfortable. One reason I bought a JJ was most of the Inspirations I saw had been messed about, some turned it to frightening things.
JJ also sells dir harness (one piece), you just can't find it on website. Ordered mine with that, much better than standard one. Tried standard harness didn't like at all.

JJ also sells dir harness (one piece), you just can't find it on website. Ordered mine with that, much better than standard one. Tried standard harness didn't like at all.

I did run my halcyon BP and harness for a bit, and when I got to warm places I use an aluminium one with a proper single piece harness but the standard one doesn’t bother me enough to change.

OP, take a look at Narked At 90’s web site. They sell stuff like the delrin nut that holds the end of the scrubber on, the stupid plastic bits that hold the backplate bolts in place and a few things that are very cheap but could loose you a trip if you dropped then off the side of a boat.

Reviewed our invoice, and there was no separate line item for the DIL MAV.

Jan with JJ was very helpful with emails when I was putting my shopping list together.

From page 20 in the DiveCan manual (Version 2.10):
"The JJ-CCR comes with two suplemental valves. The oxygen valve enables the manual supply of oxygen via the t-piece into the breathing circuit. The diluent valve enables the supply of diluent via a second con-nection on the ADV into the breathing circuit. "

Modifications to date:

1) Use aluminum backplate in freshwater with thin undergarments. Need to test the setup in saltwater.
2) With thin undergarments, switched from Scubapro Jets to OMS Slipstreams to counter the unit being tail heavy.
3) Followed @tbone1004's recommendation (Loop Bungees on backplates) and added loop bungees with the technique in the link to pull bailout/deco tanks up.
4) Removed the adjustable hardness hardware that was on the JJ steel backplate during my crossover class.

More modifications to come in the future, but as others have recommended, I am diving the unit as much as possible stock to get a feel for what I like and what I want to modify.

Correct. Mine came with both dil MAV and ADV in- line shutoff.
But confirm with your seller.

The invoice won't give you much info.
Here was mine:
View attachment 602570
You can see the extras I ordered
Thanks, I will confirm with him.

I did run my halcyon BP and harness for a bit, and when I got to warm places I use an aluminium one with a proper single piece harness but the standard one doesn’t bother me enough to change.

OP, take a look at Narked At 90’s web site. They sell stuff like the delrin nut that holds the end of the scrubber on, the stupid plastic bits that hold the backplate bolts in place and a few things that are very cheap but could loose you a trip if you dropped then off the side of a boat.
Thanks. I’ll take a look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom