New to rebreather diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reviewed our invoice, and there was no separate line item for the DIL MAV.

Jan with JJ was very helpful with emails when I was putting my shopping list together.

From page 20 in the DiveCan manual (Version 2.10):
"The JJ-CCR comes with two suplemental valves. The oxygen valve enables the manual supply of oxygen via the t-piece into the breathing circuit. The diluent valve enables the supply of diluent via a second con-nection on the ADV into the breathing circuit. "
My instructor said I need a T piece for ADV. Does this mean it comes with the unit. Sorry I can’t understand the manuals quite well now:(

Huh?!
It's part of the rebreather!
Screenshot_20200804-155509_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
You can see the inline shutoff on the outside of the ADV on the left shoulder (right side of the pic). The ADV is its own T-piece for the inhale side.

My instructor said I need a T piece for ADV. Does this mean it comes with the unit. Sorry I can’t understand the manuals quite well now:(

The unit comes stock with the T-piece, ADV and inline shutoff valve on the inhale counter lung side. As well as the T-piece on the exhale CL side.

I am not sure that I could do a dil flush using the counter lung dump while using the ADV as a manual

That's how I was taught. It's bit of a stretch in thick undergarments, but it works. Going left shoulder noticeably low should trigger it though, so you don't even really need to hit the button

Huh?!
It's part of the rebreather!
View attachment 602596
You can see the inline shutoff on the outside of the ADV on the left shoulder (right side of the pic). The ADV is its own T-piece for the inhale side.
That means I can save some money:wink:

Why won't they sell a radial scrubber for a mod1 course. Seems silly.

Was told that the duration is past anything I might want to do in my first 50 hours. May have been Wayne's personal position.
Had I been an established technical diver with enough dives in that arena, I might not have gotten that restriction. Had I pushed it, there might have been a different answer.
With the added variability in performance with poor packing technique, they may be trying to stay on the safe side.
I didn't get the impression that it was so they could sell a second can.

Just to chime in and provide my 2 PSI, since I LOVE my JJ...

1) Congratulations to the OP.

2) If you can afford the NERD, get it. I really like mine, well designed, unobtrusive, lots of non-PO2 information that is helpful to have readily available (compass, deco info, etc..)

3) I have never had my ADV free flow, in any position. I guess if it did, I could shut off the onboard dil, and feather it a bit if for some reason I wasn't ending the dive and/or I needed to descend to get out (like in a cave).

4) The ADV button is very easy for me to reach for dil flush.

5) I haven't found the need for a dil mav, but then again, I don't have an ADV shutoff, so maybe that's it.

Was told that the duration is past anything I might want to do in my first 50 hours. May have been Wayne's personal position.
Had I been an established technical diver with enough dives in that arena, I might not have gotten that restriction. Had I pushed it, there might have been a different answer.
With the added variability in performance with poor packing technique, they may be trying to stay on the safe side.
I didn't get the impression that it was so they could sell a second can.
The axial is fine

Radial scrubbers are like the "sealed regs" of the CCR universe. Tons of hype and dreams that they are necessary and/or "better"

The axial is fine

Radial scrubbers are like the "sealed regs" of the CCR universe. Tons of hype and dreams that they are necessary and/or "better"
Hey! My sealed pistons really ARE better!
:gas:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom