New to it and Loving it!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My mother will meet me (probably with the clan) at the airport on the 20/8/01.
I found them on the internet while helping my sister look for her family.I felt no great urges but decided to have a little look.All the agencies and govt.depts would take too long and were impractical for me,so with info from my adopted mom,including my adoption papers,I took a look at Canada411 (the whitepages) and found 20 names for the whole country.I decided to write a generic letter to all of them and just change the name and address for each person and sent them off.There was 1 name that stood out to me and it turned out to be my maternal grandmother.She was in a retirement home and my uncle answered her mail.He gave the letter to my mother,who rang me 4 hours later.
The letter I sent was dated her birthday and my grandmother died 2 months later.Only 2 people replied to my letters.1 by email and my mother on the phone.If I hadn't sent the letters when I did,my grandmother wouldn't have been listed and I wouldn't have found them because my mothers last name had changed.That's what I mean by pre-ordained.
I have a brother and 2 sisters.They all have kids.I haven't even started with my fathers family yet.Who knows what will happen then?
That's all for now tash.
Cheers little dainty ears,
The Gasman.

Greg,
Wow! What a great blessing. I think you should write to Oprah with your story. Someone should get it on tape when you finally do meet. No doubt it was meant to be.
So how did you make your way to New Zealand? You actually look like a Canadian right? I'm just trying to picture you there in Korea, soon going to Toronto, and then back to NZ.
What a life. How old are you by the way? And don't say older then dirt, cuz that's my line.
:sunny:

I left Canada when I was a child and lived in Australia and then N.Z. Not too many job prospects for 6 yr olds in Canada.heheheh.
Unfortunately there are no Oprah branches in korea or NZ,
Last sunday I turned 37.
Travelled around a bit and will do so somemore.
Actually this job is paying for my fare to canada.It is a fare to canada with a stopover in korea.
Ka kite
Greg

Hey popcorn - all kidding aside, you'll love it here. Now just how did you come up with the name "popcorn"? Or is it something you want to share?

Natasha - just to let you know, I don't think the Gasman even looks his age (I got a pic you see :D), just one very tall good-looking guy.

DivingGal,
I'm jealous. I don't have a picture of the famous Gasman. Or is that infamous? Well, either way, he has quite a story. Definatly Oprah worthy, but we'll just have to settle for his account of things.
And Greg,
" Happy Birthday to you" "You belong in a zoo" " With the Monkeys and the elephants" ..or wait that's not very nice of me. :wink:
:sunny:

I don't mind.As long as they put me in a cage near you..hahahaha.Tell me...do they feed the animals in this zoo?
You know who,
Gasman

Diving Gal,

Nothing Special... popcorn is just a favorite snack (sometimes meal) and all the dive related names I tried were already taken :-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom