New to it and Loving it!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all. I was away for a week at a family reunion in South Dakota. Thanks for all the replies. I didn't realize that diver were such popcorn heads. I like mine with lettuce and tomatoe, Heinz 57... no wait.., that is another food. Popcorn--- butter and salt, occasionally butter and seven blend pepper. Definately prefer hand popped not microwaved. Though I have been known to nuke a bag when I was in desparate need of a quick fix.

As to diving... We have a chance to go to Aruba for New Years Eve if we can get all the details worked out. Any thoughts about Aruba?

Our reunion was in the Black Hills area. Spearfish to be exact. We have relatives in Belle Fourche, Spearfish, and Rapid City. Though others traveled from Alaska and Mexico to attend. There were about 60 to 65 in attendance. It was a great time. We thought about trying to do a dive but alas, the elevation is approx 2,300 ft ASL and we are not High Altitude certified. (BUT we plan to be.) We have Medic First Aid next Tues and Wed.

Thanks for the interest.

Hey Popcorn,

I grew up in Rapid City. I spent the first 18 or so years of my life in the "Beautiful Black Hills" of So. Dak.

It's the only way....Never heard of 7 blend pepper though.
It takes all sorts I guess.
Glad to hear the reunion went well.I'm having one in 2 months.I was adopted and am meeting my birth family for the first time since birth...only my memory is a little hazy on that one...lol
Cheers Big Ears,
You know who...
The Gasman

Hi Gasser,

Your reunion sounds like it will be a little different than ours was. What are your emotions? excited? scared? it little of both? Have you been corresponding with them and exchanging photos etc?

Lady Diver,

Did you dive when you lived in SoDak? If so, did you dive any of the lakes in "the Hills"? I located two dive shops in the Rapid City Yellow Pages but I did not get a chance to explore them.

Hi Popcorn,

I wasn't a diver when I was living in South Dakota but I did know several people who dove in Pactola Lake quite frequently. Before they built the dam that created Pactola Lake, there was a little town called Pactola where the foot of the dam is now. When the lake is really low, you can see some of the buildings sticking up out of the water.

People used to dive there and take tours of the town. From what I understand, it's pretty cool to see. There are supposed to be some vehicles and other stuff still down there along with the buildings.

I have also heard of people diving in Sheridan Lake and Deerfield. Deerfield is pretty cold all year long, but there are some BIG! fish swimming around in there. Diving in Sheridan would be taking your life in your hands if you ask me. Too many boats on the small lake and very few people up there know what a dive flag means.

Some day I would like to get back there to dive Pactola. I have heard so much about it that I would love to see it for myself.

Cheers,

Everything has fallen into place with finding them that it feels preordained.I've been emailing and calling with them since November and we have written and exchanged photos.It will be good to hold them in person.Thanks for asking.
Greg

Wow Greg,
That's great. So you're meeting them in August? Where?
Fill in some blanks so we can all feel a part of it.
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom