New to diving, looking for buddy at Pelham Bluewater, or Emerald Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBahn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Folks,

Im a new diver who has yet to make any dive friends (couple going through cert. now, but not diving yet)

Anyways, I am wanting to get some diving in and was curious if anyone was planning a dive at Pelham BlueWater or somewhere on the Emerald Coast where I might be able to tag along. I am in Birmingham so would be up for any other locations within a days drive.

Thanks in Advance.

I dive pretty regularly at ABWA and do not mind diving with new divers. When you plan on going just start a thread here.
Lately there have been about 80 divers on the weekends at ABWA. Pretty crowded.

Oh, Welcome to Scubaboard.

I go to the coast about once or twice a month. Sometimes to PC, Morissons Spring,Destin, or Gulf Shores. There are plenty of divers that are more than willing to dive with new divers on some beach dives down there. Great divers and great buddys.

Welcome to ScubaBoard James,

When are you planning your trip? I dive the panhandle springs, Alabama and Florida Gulf Coasts quite often, feel free to join up, just need an idea on dates you'd like to dive and maybe they'll coincide with already setup dive plans.

Hey James and welcome to ScubaBoard. I too am a fairly new diver, and would be interested in meeting you at Blue Water. What dates are you thinking about?

I too am a new diver and would be glad to dive anytime on the weekends. I work late on weekdays. I just finished my ow on Sunday at ABWA. I'm planing on buying some equipment in the next week or 2 and i'll be needing to break it in. Just let me know when.

Welcome to ScubaBoard mdjacks

I'm tryin' to get something going mainly on wed, thu, or friday afternoons at Blue Water.. look for a "Skip Work and Dive" thread.. you're all welcome to join me...

Welcome mdjacks and bcrab63. You will not have any trouble finding dive buddys at ABWA during the summer. There are always tons of people there. Just plan your trip and post it in the Deep Dixie Diver trip sub-forum and someone will join you. Might be me.

Going to Loch Low-Minn in Tn. this weekend for the first time.

RV:
I'm tryin' to get something going mainly on wed, thu, or friday afternoons at Blue Water.. look for a "Skip Work and Dive" thread.. you're all welcome to join me...[/qoute]

Are you going this week? What day if you are?

Guys,

Glad to see so many replys. So far I am open for any dates. I would love to dive this weekend but unfortunatley will be out of town. Basically I am open any weekend and weekdays after 4:30 or so.

Lets get something going.

JamesBahn:
Guys,

Glad to see so many replys. So far I am open for any dates. I would love to dive this weekend but unfortunatley will be out of town. Basically I am open any weekend and weekdays after 4:30 or so.

Lets get something going.
I'm on call this week so I'm not sure, I know I'm stopping by ABWA to get my tanks filled tomorrow. So I may go Friday. What's your schedule?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom