New Tech Dive at Lake Mead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Shamelessly copied from Underwater Treasures post here. Just wanted to repost it for the benefit of our Arizona divers.
NPS SRCU team found a PBY this last December that went down in Lake Mead decades ago. The wreck is in about 185' of water and is in two pieces. Coordinates were made available at a meeting tonight.

Two bodies have never been recovered or found from this wreck. NPS has opened this site up for technical divers
Sweet...but too deep for me.

Is there an estimate of the age on the wreck? It would be interesting if it was a chaser sent after the bomber that went down in Mead in the 50's (was it?).

Very cool that it's open for diving, unlike the bomber.

Thanks for the info, Steve. However, I think the water temp would be more of a concern for you..... :wink: It is a lake afterall..... :D

Dive-aholic:
Thanks for the info, Steve. However, I think the water temp would be more of a concern for you..... :wink: It is a lake afterall..... :D
Well there's that also...and the dark...and the silt...and I'm not a wreck diver...I have been in a lake once - but just snorkeling...:D

does anybody know where the PBY is at? I was just out at the lake and the Bomber is well marked nut no sign of the PBY. Is it near the bomber?

Back
Top Bottom