New Servers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know all about them, that was my ode to JamDiver.

Look how cute it is . . .

edisk_altima_35fc_hirez.jpg

Again, here is a good reason that SB should implement a "MAX PICTURE SIZE" with .

(fix it so that anyone can click on the image to make it bigger if needed).

[quote="DandyDon, post: 4352296"]Do you know anything about picture resizing software? :silly:

I like Microsoft's batch Image Sizer program - free! Or Tinypic.com and Photobucket both have 640 wide settings. :D[/QUOTE]

Don... the problem isn't the software but that often people link larger external pics that are hosted on other sites.

And that everytime the pages switches and someone QUOTES that larger image it messes up that page :rofl3:. WTG mike_s :D. Editing this was tough because I had to scroll miles to the right to click the EDIT button.

it is a large picture for a large device . . .

Again, here is a good reason that SB should implement a "MAX PICTURE SIZE" with .

(fix it so that anyone can click on the image to make it bigger if needed).
[/QUOTE]
[I]
[B][SIZE="5"]Please...!![/SIZE][/B][/I]

[QUOTE]Don... the problem isn't the software but that often people link larger external pics that are hosted on other sites.[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah - I figured that was the case without even checking pic source. I just didn't think I needed to suggest all of the steps needed to use pic sizing software, i.e. right-click, save-as, find, etc. :rolleyes:

I just didn't think I needed to suggest all of the steps needed to use pic sizing software, i.e. right-click, save-as, find, etc. :rolleyes:

Well this is LetterBoy that we are talking about so the simple instructions may prove most helpful :rofl3: :surrender:

One thing you got to watch out for, do they do onboard flash management, for example, FusionIO has a PCIe card that can eat up about 25% (or more!) of your CPU cycles doing management of its flash chips at full load. Also, are these MLC or SLC flash chips they use? MLC has better chance of failure and larger failures, SLC is more dependable and less chance of failure...

What size are the databases?

Mike
Oracle Guru
Texas Memory Systems - Worlds Fastest Storage

OHH, I know how to resize images, but here at work photo sharing sites are blocked, and SB's gallery isn't working . . . THUS you get the ginormeous freaking picture : D

OHH, I know how to resize images, but here at work photo sharing sites are blocked, and SB's gallery isn't working . . . THUS you get the ginormeous freaking picture : D
1zwyk2r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom