New Servers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard by donating you got a larger pipe into the SB server farm . . . .

That's what we need! A server that responds to Supporting members quickly, puts the free ones on hold. :D

That's what we need! A server that responds to Supporting members quickly, puts the free ones on hold. :D

El said that was already in the works, thats why I went "red" I haven;t had any issues the last few days . . .

El said that was already in the works, thats why I went "red" I haven;t had any issues the last few days . . .
Gawd, I have. I click Post of a link, then go to another Tab or Window to read something while SB responds, then come back in a minute to see if it did. If I am reading more than one thread, I open a Tab for each one. Reminds me of when I lived on dial-up...

Man, I would email abuse@scubaboard.com and tell them you want your open pipeline to the servers, thats what I had to do . . . .

:popcorn:

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but you don't need a larger pipe! :D

Again, it's not the through put on the webservers that's the hold up.

It's not the widgets.

It's not the ads.

Those are small databases and load quickly. We have been building the main data base for NINE YEARS. It's become unwieldy even as it has become way popular, and we need something way fast to look up the info in a timely manner.

You need some solid state devices...take your latency from milliseconds to microseconds...:)

Mike

Look how cute it is . . .

edisk_altima_35fc_hirez.jpg

Do you know anything about picture resizing software? :silly:

I like Microsoft's batch Image Sizer program - free! Or Tinypic.com and Photobucket both have 640 wide settings. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom