New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they have enough "power/torque/speed" to propel you through water on with fast enough speed?
Don't know, where I dive there are boats on the surface, so we dive as soon as we enter the water, dive for 2-4 km- most of it in medium speed, but where the reef is interesting we go to the slowest speed to enjoy the scenic views. On wrecks we park it and explore around free. We seldom use high speeds, maybe short bursts to catch up with buddy, chase dolphins and the such

Lastly, just being frank (but don't CALL me Frank! lol), I think you have been lucky, so far, with your BlackTip. My gut feeling is that they are not just less reliable than a Genesis/Seacraft/Suex. I think they are an order of magnitude less reliable. Which is just my way of trying to say they are not just a bit less reliable as a cost compromise. I think they are fundamentally less reliable - at least, when using power tool batteries - in a way that, because of my experience with mine, means I simply would not use it for some dives where I would use my Genesis, even though the depth, thrust, and runtime required are well within what the BlackTip can do.

I don't think tool batteries are the primary problem. Last week a cave local instructor saw me diving my BT Tech and wanted to know if I was interested in buying an Exploration Tube and nose, as his tail unit is leaking at the display window. One of my friend's BT has been back to Washington four times now. Another friend just gave up on it and it is now relegated to helping hold his dive shed down in case another hurricane comes. All due to leaks.

To bring this thread back to the subject at hand, I'm honestly tempted to buy a Go and make that my back up scooter instead of my BT. I saw one recently it is tiny and light weight. And I trust Seacraft more than I trust Dive Xtras these days. My only concern to service, now that I've been bitten by the outrageous shipping of my BT and having the reassurance of Suex service locally, I'm not sure I would want to be sending a scooter out if there is ever an issue.

My only concern to service, now that I've been bitten by the outrageous shipping of my BT and having the reassurance of Suex service locally, I'm not sure I would want to be sending a scooter out if there is ever an issue.

But the Go! is a Seacraft and service is in (I think) Vermont?

At one point, I think Cave Country and/or EE was selling used Suex scooters for around $4500. If you can get one for that price, it's less than the Go! and then you do have local service.

But the Go! is a Seacraft and service is in (I think) Vermont?

At one point, I think Cave Country and/or EE was selling used Suex scooters for around $4500. If you can get one for that price, it's less than the Go! and then you do have local service.

Theres a bit of a market for the Go that Suex doesn't really capture: beach divers. Lugging a Suex across the sand vs a Go or a Blacktip Travel/Tech are apples and oranges.

Plus if Seacraft had their sh*t together and got these things out in the quantities the DiveX did for the Blacktips back when they announced them in 2023, used Go's would be easy to find for at/less than that a year later.

That was EE, they were selling their old rental fleet for $4,500. Old EE #2 is sitting about ten feet away from me right now.

I might all Edd's shop and see if they service them.

I've been tossing around the idea of building an extra small tube for my Genesis. Should in theory be possible since the duct neutralizes the motor weight. Lugging the 1200/3.2 sized tube around for short dives is not optimal.
An old AL80 might be the right size and I have a lathe.

I've been tossing around the idea of building an extra small tube for my Genesis. Should in theory be possible since the duct neutralizes the motor weight. Lugging the 1200/3.2 sized tube around for short dives is not optimal.
An old AL80 might be the right size and I have a lathe.

Purely curious, but have you reached out to Jon for possibly buying the stock 3.1 tube / warp core system?

I'd love a genesis model with a warp core battery... but the size/form factor of a Go

Purely curious, but have you reached out to Jon for possibly buying the stock 3.1 tube / warp core system?

I'd love a genesis model with a warp core battery... but the size/form factor of a Go
I have to return the whole unit to him, which is a costly venture from Canada. Plus I just got batteries made for the 1200 tube (now over 1500wh!).
But when those batteries eventually die it's something I'm going to consider.

That said if I could get it down to 20-25# I'd be willing to drop to ~400wh

I have to return the whole unit to him, which is a costly venture from Canada. Plus I just got batteries made for the 1200 tube (now over 1500wh!).

Ahhhhhhh - wasn't sure if you had done the warp core upgrade yet - highly recommend it once its time

I think there is a used 2.1 for sale in the Classifieds... Okay, so it's 34#. But, it's also 850 Wh... And wouldn't you rather have two Genesis than just one with two separate bodies and batteries? :D

Back
Top Bottom