New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the buoyancy of the GO? Mine sinks even in salt water, despite having all the lead removed.

Before I throw down my backorder money on a GO are there any more recent thoughts from folks out there? (I have watched the youtube reviewers but always take those with a grain of salt).

Before I throw down my backorder money on a GO are there any more recent thoughts from folks out there? (I have watched the youtube reviewers but always take those with a grain of salt).
I've got about 30 - 40 dives on mine and I've been happy so far. It's really easy to fly with (which was my primary motivation for buying it), and the foam case that it's shipped in fits almost perfectly in a Pelican Air 1637. The battery life is significantly better than my Blacktip with 9ah batteries and it's faster. The Seacraft would have about 2/3 battery when the Blacktip when into low battery mode. The fit and finish is also also much better than the Blacktip, and is comparable to my Suex XJ.

I prefer the Suex style trigger over the one on the Seacraft, I found that my hands got a little tired longer dives with the GO.

If you've got any specific questions. let me know, I'm happy to try to answer them.

I've got about 30 - 40 dives on mine and I've been happy so far. It's really easy to fly with (which was my primary motivation for buying it), and the foam case that it's shipped in fits almost perfectly in a Pelican Air 1637. The battery life is significantly better than my Blacktip with 9ah batteries and it's faster. The Seacraft would have about 2/3 battery when the Blacktip when into low battery mode. The fit and finish is also also much better than the Blacktip, and is comparable to my Suex XJ.

I prefer the Suex style trigger over the one on the Seacraft, I found that my hands got a little tired longer dives with the GO.

If you've got any specific questions. let me know, I'm happy to try to answer them.
How do you find top/boost speed vs the Blacktip and the XJ? Also curious if you've had any issues with weighting/buoyancy in fresh or salt.

There is no comparison between the 2. One is a $5000 dpv the other is $2000.

I'm not sure why people try to compare them all the time. If you have the money to buy a go, you will always be disappointed with a bt.

Have you ever ran it next to a Genesis or a CudaX? I know they’re not in the same price range but would still love a comparison

I haven't compared the top speed of the XJ and Seacraft yet. I'd say the top speed of the Seacraft seemed a bit faster than the boost speed on the Blacktip, except you're not limited to a couple of mins at top speed like the BlackTip is.

It took a lot of work to get the Blacktip trim and neutral in freshwater (I primarily dive in freshwater). Once I did that, the salt water plate got it really close. The Seacraft was really close to trim and neutral in freshwater out of the box and I got it pretty close to trim and neutral in saltwater when I took it to Roatan earlier this year. If I had wanted to tinker with it more, I'm confident that I could have gotten the buoyancy and trim dialed in.

Have you ever ran it next to a Genesis or a CudaX? I know they’re not in the same price range but would still love a comparison
I haven't dove either one of those scooters, and I don't know of anyone locally that has one.

There is no comparison between the 2. One is a $5000 dpv the other is $2000.

I'm not sure why people try to compare them all the time. If you have the money to buy a go, you will always be disappointed with a bt.
I mean...there is a comparison between both of them. The Go is (by all accounts) a better scooter, but it's also significantly more expensive.

A lot of people (myself included) are probably trying to work out if the upgrade is 'worth it', compared to all the other things we could also spend $5k on, like a dive trip, a shiny new M2M drysuit, or a compressor for home. I 'have the money' to buy a lot of things, but there's always tradeoffs to be made.

For my diving (local shore diving, open water, potential for high currents, no boat support, 90 mins max runtime, 200ft max), the Blacktip (with a custom battery) is good enough performance-wise, but the reliability isn't ideal. The Go seems like an ideal upgrade, but before I spend the $7k CAD, I want to do as much information-gathering as possible to a) make sure there are no gotchas, and b) see if other Go owners have also thought the upgrade was worth it.

If you have the money to buy a go, you will always be disappointed with a bt.
Would you also say the same thing about an XJ-S? Because I've borrowed an XJ-S a bunch, and I don't think it's worth the upgrade at the price point vs my Blacktip.

This is the GO! next to an XJ and a Blacktip Tech

Attachments

• IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 47
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom