New Scubapro S-Tek (BP/W BC's) Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you folks are ignoring something here, the other plates and harnesses from other manufacturers are all copies of each other with very little engineering and R&D costs. They were also produced before the recent surge in manufacturing costs and crazy jump in metal costs too. SP's product cost a lot of $$ in R&D and engineering time in addition to the VERY high costs in manufacturing and raw material. We are living in a different world today. You all should go out and get second and third jobs for you to be able to pay for the new toys when the raw materials, shipping and manufacturing costs catches up with your favorite products.

I kind of agree with you, but...

What's the advantage of a "well-engineered" BP or harness? I can understand the benefits of a well-engineered wing (valve position, hydrodynamic resistance, air distribution, etc.), but I really can't find any advantage in well-engineered BPs and harnesses.

I kind of agree with you, but...

What's the advantage of a "well-engineered" BP or harness? I can understand the benefits of a well-engineered wing (valve position, hydrodynamic resistance, air distribution, etc.), but I really can't find any advantage in well-engineered BPs and harnesses.

I can't really answer you until I have it in my hands fondle it, play with it and then dive it :)

I look at things from a system point of view. The plate is the anchor point for any other component otherwise we just use a piece of metal, road signs perhaps, and rope instead of BP and harness.

I can't really answer you until I have it in my hands fondle it, play with it and then dive it :)

Make sense.

I look at things from a system point of view. The plate is the anchor point for any other component otherwise we just use a piece of metal, road signs perhaps, and rope instead of BP and harness.

Actually, the way I see the BP is just a piece of metal with a decent shape and a couple of holes. But you may prove me wrong once you'll have tested this system.

I am looking forward to hearing from your review :)

The plate is the anchor point for any other component otherwise we just use a piece of metal, road signs perhaps,
In all fairness, both my kids use plates I cut out of cutting boards...work like a champ (recreational... we don't do tech)!

My youngest:
mpv-shot0004 (2).jpg
Initial assembly of my teenagers rig:
EricBPW.jpg

Respectfully,

James

In all fairness, both my kids use plates I cut out of cutting boards...work like a champ (recreational... we don't do tech)!

My youngest:
View attachment 675612
Initial assembly of my teenagers rig:
View attachment 675613

Respectfully,

James

The Freedom plate in cutting boards plastic?

There is Scubapro and there is the Wizard :)

Soooo, I actually have finally set eyes on one in person, my LDS was just opening up their first shipment of them when I happened to drop by. And well the build quality on them was fantastic, it might not be worth the price but it definitely is more refined than anything else I have seen. The machining on the steel backplate was superb, 0 sharp edges, held it up next to a Dive Rite and one from Xdeep and the build quality was up a notch from them. The STA was in a completely other category than all the others, very sturdy, felt designed as part of a system and not just an afterthought, and the only plastic on the entire thing was the covers for the wing nuts, And those really just made it easier to tighten.

Not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze for everyone, everybody has different budgets, but if you have the scratch it’s a nice bit of kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom