New Scubapro S-Tek (BP/W BC's) Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like trying new things, I don’t just go diving with the same stuff each and every time, I started in 1971 and the silly things like computers and b/c’s weren’t available and everyone “knew” these new fangled things were going to kill you.

there is so much stagnant thinking in scuba from the divers on up to the dealer centric business model.

I could easily still dive the same stuff I started with except for the freezing my butt off while not knowing how much air I have in the small tank while counting on my war surplus horse collar to keep me floating if my J valve let me down.

divers them selves are responsible for the slowness of innovation in this hobby, I get it, a new backplate design may not matter but without trying it out we’ll never know.

the package of options on the S-tech look interesting and current pricing isn’t any more crazy Than current pricing of b/c’s and it will last longer, we as consumers can help control costs but it’s a balance thing, being to conservative can stifle innovation as well as suppress pricing.

Is that the one with dangly adjusters, non-adjustable D-rings and other superfluous straps?

Just get a cheap single-piece harness which will fit you and can have additional D-rings added at your leisure. Put that on an aluminium backplate, or stainless -- or both as it's so cheap.

Then get two wings: one for doubles and one for a single tank.

Much cheaper, especially if you buy second hand.
We're all different, but I got rid of my single piece harness after 18 months & 100 dives. I hated the faff of adjusting from 7mm to skin each year.

I moved the Dive Rite Transpac for the summer and Trans plate for the Winter

My voyager wings have been bomb proof, The oldest had 5 years and 500 dives, exposed to the Middle East heat and UV with no problem. It got moved to a spare (kids) when they came out with colours and I wanted something shiny

My old Apex wing (circa 2012) was only single skin and got punctured easily (my fault being careless) but the pricing of newer ones weren't as good as Diverite (in my old region)

The only poor thing about the diverite is they were/are shipped with a shoulder dump. I disconnected mine (as would dump on the surface if fully inflated) and I couldn't' get the replacement non dump elbow

But for the amount of abuse my wings got - rolling about on a deck partially inflated with a full 15L steel attached in the sun most weekends, and no issues or noticeable wear, - best bit of dive gear I owned (for longivity and doing what it says on the tin)

We're all different, but I got rid of my single piece harness after 18 months & 100 dives. I hated the faff of adjusting from 7mm to skin each year.

I moved the Dive Rite Transpac for the summer and Trans plate for the Winter

My voyager wings have been bomb proof, The oldest had 5 years and 500 dives, exposed to the Middle East heat and UV with no problem. It got moved to a spare (kids) when they came out with colours and I wanted something shiny

My old Apex wing (circa 2012) was only single skin and got punctured easily (my fault being careless) but the pricing of newer ones weren't as good as Diverite (in my old region)

The only poor thing about the diverite is they were/are shipped with a shoulder dump. I disconnected mine (as would dump on the surface if fully inflated) and I couldn't' get the replacement non dump elbow

But for the amount of abuse my wings got - rolling about on a deck partially inflated with a full 15L steel attached in the sun most weekends, and no issues or noticeable wear, - best bit of dive gear I owned (for longivity and doing what it says on the tin)
Yep, I use my X-Tek for drysuit diving and a Travel EXP for warm water diving. The Dive Rite is holding up well to ocean diving. I'm very happy with both and I don't have to adjust the harnesses since they each are for specific environments. The best rig is any one that keeps you safe and comfortable doing whatever kind of diving you love.

Just did a week of diving warm water with the S Tek plate, the STA is a work of art and made using this as easy as a b/c
IMG_3570.jpeg

I changed the harness to a simple set up using similar soft webbing so I could add rings for a chest strap.
the shape of the plate and the back pad made diving it in a rash guard maybe more comfortable than a b/c. DGX 30 lb wing is overkill but for the $ it’s great.
I’ll have to set it back up for cold water on my return home where the advantages are less pronounced over my Zeagle plate.
IMG_3554.jpeg

Just did a week of diving warm water with the S Tek plate, the STA is a work of art and made using this as easy as a b/c
View attachment 787049
I changed the harness to a simple set up using similar soft webbing so I could add rings for a chest strap.
the shape of the plate and the back pad made diving it in a rash guard maybe more comfortable than a b/c. DGX 30 lb wing is overkill but for the $ it’s great.
I’ll have to set it back up for cold water on my return home where the advantages are less pronounced over my Zeagle plate.View attachment 787050

1. Where do you put your lead?

2. Is it easy to put the BC on the Tank and secure it with the XS Scuba trim pockets on the Tank band?

1. Where do you put your lead?

2. Is it easy to put the BC on the Tank and secure it with the XS Scuba trim pockets on the Tank band?
One pouch centered on the tank band

Back
Top Bottom