New Scubapro S-Tek (BP/W BC's) Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone seen, in-person, and/or tried the new Scubapro S-Tek (BP/W BC's) line that was announced not too long ago and just came out?

Please let us know what you saw and what you thought of it...

The "Pure" harness is about the only thing they got close to right...

I don't see any justification of the ScubaPro premium...

Over-engineered in some ways. Over-priced in all. SP seems to have some people making decisions that make you wonder if they dive at all. Or even speak to real divers.
Especially tech divers. Regs? Fine.
Other stuff is just ridiculous. Tech divers spend a lot of money on gear. But they also spend it on lots of gear. So when a $100 plate will do the same job as a $200 + one, the $200 is not even considered. Except by those who have more money than they know what to do with or fall for the "it's the best" BS the shop is slinging.
Non standard inflators- not necessary.
Bottom dump valve - cut the knob off and tie a knot
Form Harness? No one spoke to any tech diver about this. D rings fixed, unnecessary padding. $345 MSRP - idiotic.

Are you folks talking about the STek line that was just came out? I can't even find it on SP's website.
I think they are talking about the x-tech. I don’t think the new S-Tek is readily available, if at all Stateside yet. Only available in Europe and S. Africa that I know of. I know a couple shop owners that ordered some for personal use and for their shop and said they have been delayed for several months here but hoping they will drop soon. Supposed to be here at any time.

I’m thinking that since SP just started amping up the Promo’s about 2 weeks ago they will drop soon.

I think they are talking about the x-tech. I don’t think the new S-Tek is readily available

Yeah, that's what I thought, they are talking about the old x-tek The S Tek is very different and appears to be awesome from the videos SP produced a couple of weeks ago.

Let me know what you think if and when you have one in your hands please.

BTW, I believe that SP will be coming out with a new sidemount system too. Their old one is being phased out.

https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.eu/newfeatured?sort=search_api_aggregation_3&order=desc&jo-page=2

I have seen the S tek system for sale here [Dive Newcastle has it on their site] Expensive and I have expensive taste and it's way out of my range.
I have a X tek Pure harness and I like that, mind you the HOG harness works just as well with the 2 wings and 4 plates [2 SS and 2 Al] I have at a fraction of the cost.
Edit: Deleted the photos as I posted the Hog harness and not the Scubapro X Tek Pure.

Back
Top Bottom