New S-Drill?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I heard GUE's s-drill procedure has changed recently. Is this so, and can anyone outline briefly what exactly is different?

Who did you hear this from and how did they explain it has changed?

The exact memory eludes me, I think from a recent T1 student. They said the v-drill changed in that you don't breathe down the backup (you just switch back to the primary after the right post exercise, do the isolator, and just purge and reopen the left post), but someone mentioned in passing that the s-drill was slightly different as well (or so I think).

The exact memory eludes me, I think from a recent T1 student. They said the v-drill changed in that you don't breathe down the backup (you just switch back to the primary after the right post exercise, do the isolator, and just purge and reopen the left post), but someone mentioned in passing that the s-drill was slightly different as well (or so I think).

The valve drill changed about 2 years ago to its present incarnation.

So you're saying I'm wrong AND woefully behind the times? Shocking, good sir. Simply shocking.

Only about 2 years. They use helium now in breathing gases too don't you know:D

That, sirrah, is preposterous. Preposterous I say. No self-respecting Harvard man would put that in his body. Why, the loathesome gas would cause even a robust specimen to squeal like...like a Yalie. Noble gas indeed. To even consider it strokes of pharmacological fancy.

That, sirrah, is preposterous. Preposterous I say. No self-respecting Harvard man would put that in his body. Why, the loathesome gas would cause even a robust specimen to squeal like...like a Yalie. Noble gas indeed. To even consider it strokes of pharmacological fancy.

Rotflmao............

Nice split fin in your avatar also. Something the 5thd D guys sell:wink:

If you do some searching around you will find lots of squabble about the change to the valve drill. AG also has his own thoughts. Look at the GUE website under Procedural changes.

I believe there has been a change to the S-drill -- something where the buddy holds the long hose regulator while the donator restows it, and only gives the regulator back once the hose has been dealt with. We didn't do our S-drills that way in Cave 1, so I'm not sure how widely it has been adopted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom