NDL diving with onboard DIL-OUT? Smaller than 40/50's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I was going 60-90 feet, NDL limits, I'd take a 2L. Chances are I could stay on the loop, and if I had to BO, the surface or a buddy is a small amount of BO gas away.
Buddy mentioned here--hopefully not two divers each going alpine style with nothing to donate?

I've had people tell me "at least you bring something to donate." Which tells me some of us are not doing that....even though it's super easy to do so

What is the 'ready to dive' weight of this configuration?

Do you need to add any other weight to sink those carbon cylinders, versus steel ones? Or is just the manifold/lola assembly alone heavy enough?

Even with a 'heavy' JJ-CCR and 3L steel cylinders, I'm putting lead rods in the handle tubes to get neutral in Santi+BZ400 etc for ~7-12°C dives. ~38 kg, ready to dive.

Being not a hulk, I prefer to hike my bailout to the water separately. Might do the onboard full BO if it was mostly boat diving though.
31 kg. I need 4 kgs extra, to be neutral, so close to your rig.

Is this with a BOV?
Yes, this with a BOV, ordinarily my BOV is plumbed into off board and board, using IP diff to prioritise gas to the BOV.

Are you not really an eligible dive buddy anymore, because can't donate gas?
If I am diving with an OC buddy I will take an S40, if diving solo or with other rebreather divers I use the onboard dill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom