New Regs, Atomic Z3, Hog d3, Deep6 Scribble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Deep six primary with a hog octo, both breathe great...I could swap either without hesitation..both great regs...cant go wrong with either.

Get the deep 6 scribble set up. For the money there is no better set up available period. You can easily get service kits from deep 6, deep 6 highly supports their ends users. I’ve been nothing but absolutely happy with mine
3F08E242-3B6D-471F-97B4-B013F4680CAA.jpeg

I can't imagine I would need a turret, or a swivel for that matter. I don't run doubles and use an AI transmitter, so hose routing is not much of an issue for me.
For single tank diving, it isn't a necessity, but it is nice for comfort in maintaining you primary in your mouth when you move your head around.

I can't imagine I would need a turret, or a swivel for that matter. I don't run doubles and use an AI transmitter, so hose routing is not much of an issue for me.

Turret not so much, but if using long hose primary the "swivel" (I use 70 degree fixed), in my opinion, makes the world of difference comfort wise. If using a 40" primary it's a necessity, I found with a 5' it was also a great addition, with a 7' it helps but given the extra length you have to play with, not as important.YMMV.

Thanks for all the input. I decided to go with the Deep6 Scribble and signature second. In orange.
You’ll be extremely happy. That’s the exact set up I’m using which I pictured above (blue signature 2nd with the orange x series 2nd and scribble din 1st)

I just returned from another trip to Cozumel, and I was able to use the Deep 6 Scribble and signature second. I was definitely happy with the purchase. My previous second stages were not balanced, so this is a different experience. I wasn't sure where to set the flow lever when I first entered, so I put it almost wide open. When I was at 80 feet and took a breath, the sudden rush of air was so quick and powerful that I almost started coughing. The cracking pressure was so much less than my Aeris and Oceanic Alpha 7 that it took me off guard. I dialed it back to almost min and it still flowed so much easier and more robustly than my other seconds. My wife has the same Aeris/Oceanic reg set, so I swam next to her and gave her my reg, and she was also impressed. It looks like I will have to buy one for her now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom