New Reg service Help..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

szalaps8

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys

I just bought a Sherwood SR1 REG and OCTOPUS off ebay brand new never been used still in the box.

My Question is if it hasn't been used in the past few years do i need to service it even though its new?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

All the best

DAN

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the board Dan, The short answer is yes, you should at least have it looked at.
The long anwer is that reg had a lot of issues with it and as much as I am a fan of the older Sherwoods, that one is best returned to ebay and find a better reg.

Oh Dear!!!! Thats not great news.

In that case can you recommend a very reliable reg for under 500 USD

Dan

Oh Dear!!!! Thats not great news.

In that case can you recommend a very reliable reg for under 500 USD

Dan

Do you want new or used? Ill assume new, the Aqualung Titan is a cheapish reg, reliable and a good breather. $500 is a good budget there are a number of regs that will will meet your criteria, Atomic Z2 would be another although new a little over if you chose a Z2 octo. Hopefully one of the scubapro gurus will make a recommendation. Stay tuned you will get a lot of recommendations and one of them will be HOG:wink:

Never heard of Hog, dont think we get that in europe. I was looking at the hollis dc1 212 regulator. seems quite good.??

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 09:15 AM ----------

OR Mares abyss 22/42 heard its a real no no nonsense good reg.

If you are in Europe that opens things up a little. Go to Scubastore.com and look at Apeks.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 02:19 AM ----------

ATX 40 set is less than 500. XTX 40 or 50. If you don't dive cold water XTX 20.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 02:26 AM ----------

Their service can be sketchy at times but prices are very good.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 02:27 AM ----------

Switzerland, duh need to read more carefully sorry the comment about $500 threw me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom