"New Posts Search" broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
FYI,

Selecting "Active Topics" -> "Past Day" works fine, however clicking on the "next page or "last page" button brings back:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Terry

I have this problem on another site, (but not this one, strangely enough, so I wuld guess the problem is your machine, not the site). I have figured through deduction that it's a spyware hijacker that's messing with my cookies. I can't get rid of it despite exhaustive research, (it's called PeopleOnPage), so it looks like I'm gonna have to back up, format the hard drive, and start over. Curses. :mad:

SueMermaid:
I have this problem on another site, (but not this one, strangely enough, so I wuld guess the problem is your machine, not the site). I have figured through deduction that it's a spyware hijacker that's messing with my cookies. I can't get rid of it despite exhaustive research, (it's called PeopleOnPage), so it looks like I'm gonna have to back up, format the hard drive, and start over. Curses. :mad:
Download ad-aware and spybot from download.com both of those programs should remove it. And its free.

Web Monkey, how quickly are you waiting between page clicks (a few seconds or a few minutes)?

Tech Admin:
Web Monkey, how quickly are you waiting between page clicks (a few seconds or a few minutes)?

Probably 10 seconds or so.

I scan the topics and pick out anything interesting, then go on to the next page.

Also, for some reason, it started working again.

Thanks,

Terry

ThatsMe:
Download ad-aware and spybot from download.com both of those programs should remove it. And its free.
It's way more malicious and difficult to remove than that.
Ironically, I got this friggin thing by downloading Adaware from an unscrupulous source, so be very careful where you do your downloads from. I have this and a spyware problem that nothing seems to be able to resolve.
I have done exhasutive research, and neither Joe or I can get rid of it. We know where it lies in the registry, but it does not appear in any lists. When we use software to delete it, it comes right back. Someone did their homework when they wrote this particular piece of crap.

Sue, there have been a couple that I have had to remove through the registry... check out support.microsoft.com (NO www in front). They have always given me the best info on these types of virii.

Thanks, Pete, I'll check them out. :kiss:

Web Monkey:
Probably 10 seconds or so.

I scan the topics and pick out anything interesting, then go on to the next page.

Also, for some reason, it started working again.

There's something flakey with the software that I noticed on whatever version that major facelift upgrade occurred on. I don't exactly remember how to reproduce it, but I wrote it up somewhere [I don't recall if it was here or on my site].

However, in a nutshell, there is a series of things you can do that will basically log you out and then back in inadvertantly. What ends up happening is that all of the sudden there hasn't been any new posts since you last logged out, because it just bounced your login.

I've not had time to try and track it down, nor check with the software vendors to see if it's something they figured out yet, and I promised Tech Admin I'd share if I ever figured it out.

Whenever it happens to me, or I accidentally spend too much time composing a post, I just go use the active topics links until I catch back up.

Where did "New Posts" disappear to? It was my most frequently used button and I miss it. :(

Back
Top Bottom