New Poster/New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianS

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello to all. An old dog here trying to learn new tricks :)

Had my share of Skydiving, so now I'm going to be trying Scuba Diving. Figured I've already seen most of the top of the world, it's about time to see the bottom.

Will be doing my OW Cert dives this weekend in Catalina, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Look forward to possibly meeting some of you around Laguna or Catalina in the future. I live in Menifee (not very far from Riverside) so getting to the beaches is a nice little hike over the Ortega's.

I've been looking at a few 7mm suits at the stores, the O'Neils and the BodySports, both seemed to fit kind of awkward. Has anyone tried Bare suits? Trying to get an opinion on those.

Anyways, hope to see some of you soon in the water!

Brian

Welcome to the Board.. You will love scuba diving. I have yet to try sky diving. I have been wanting to go however cannot find someone brave enough to do it with me...

Welcome, Brian to the wonderful world of weightlessness. There's a sensation I enjoy that you will love. I like to swim over the edge of a wall or rock and just hover in place. It's like a freefall without the wind in your face. :D

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Some of us will be at the Dive Park on Catalina this weekend, so if that's were you are doing your dives drop by and say, "Hi". We should be easy to spot with the ScubaBoard banner.

Christian

Welcome, Brian. I live in Riverside and work in Temecula, so I can relate to your drive! Someone here (Slyder?) lives in Hemet.

I haven't tried the Bare suits, but I tried several brands before I bought my current one. I think the bottom line is that all 7mm wetsuits fit a little awkwardly, especially when you are out of the water. My advice is to just find one that is reasonably close and not too expensive. If you can afford them, the Henderson Hyperstretch wetsuits are reputed to be stretchy enough to help with many fit problems.

Brian and Scot...I live in the Chino area...I also "just" got certified and would love to break in my temporary c-card!!

Brian: Welcome to the community. In regards to wetsuits, try an Xcel 9/7/6 suit. I really like mine and appreciate the extra warmth in these sometimes chilly waters.
Dive happy,
Kevin

JodiBB:
Brian and Scot...I live in the Chino area...I also "just" got certified and would love to break in my temporary c-card!!
Give me a couple of days to firm up weekend plans (it's my wife's birthday, and a big one) and then let's set up some diving!

I fell out of airplanes for awhile.

I enjoy scuba entries more these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom