New Poster/New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board. I too fell out of airplanes for a while, 8 years to be exact. Never did it for pleasure though. Wife had to put up with me jumping for the Army, but put her foot down at just for the fun of it.

I hope you will enjoy diving as much as i do.

Scot M:
Give me a couple of days to firm up weekend plans (it's my wife's birthday, and a big one) and then let's set up some diving!
Scot...this weekend would be out for me anyway...gotta work...maybe in the next couple of weeks? (Also this way it won't get you in hot water with your SO!)...

BrianS:
Hello to all. An old dog here trying to learn new tricks :)

Had my share of Skydiving, so now I'm going to be trying Scuba Diving. Figured I've already seen most of the top of the world, it's about time to see the bottom....I live in Menifee...

Brian, I have 71 dives (of which 71 ended well) and 213 skydives (of which 211 ended well, so my *wife* had her fill of my skydiving!) - it's a freefall thing! I assume you're a Perris guy, or WallyWorld? Hemet? Welcome!

BrianS:
Will be doing my OW Cert dives this weekend in Catalina, so I'm pretty excited about that.
I finished my OW class in Catalina in eighty-<mumble> it's a nice spot as I remember, you'll enjoy it.

I just had to cancel my trip to the Florida Keys for next week :11: so I'll probably start my remodeling project, but if you want to dive in SD, I want to dive more too. PM me and we'll hook up, one of my dive buddies was an instructor at Perris for 6 years, you likely know him, we'll go do the Cove or the Shores, keep it simple, get our feet wet!

I learned at Elsinsore with Don Balsh before Jim Wallace brought his school there, quite some time ago. I got into Video and filmed quite a bit of 4 ways, good way to pay for my hobby. So I pretty much jumped at Elsinore and Perris most of the time. Good to see quite a few locals.

I'll be sure to post after I get my Cert, I think they are pushing it to the weekend after because I don't think they knew that an Event was taking place there this weekend.

Welcome. I tried a few jumps from planes, and decided I prefer to stride off boats instead, mostly because it last longer. 5 min. in the air, or 45min. on air.

Once you get your Cert, get me along with you on a dive as well :crafty:

Although, I picked up skydiving *AFTER* scuba, I love them both equally.. It's scuba this week though due to my malfunction last weekend (lost my freebag / reserve PC)..

Anyway, seeya in the water (or the skies?)
Nate

Was a great weekend. We did our first 3 Open Water dives at Catalina on Saturday, very nice Air Temp and water was excellent for both Temperature and Visibility.

Sunday we went to La Jolla Shores, Air and Water temp were good, visibility at 20' was about 10', but managable.

Overall was a good weekend and our class got certified (all 4 of us).

BrianS:
Was a great weekend. We did our first 3 Open Water dives at Catalina on Saturday, very nice Air Temp and water was excellent for both Temperature and Visibility.

Sunday we went to La Jolla Shores, Air and Water temp were good, visibility at 20' was about 10', but managable.

Overall was a good weekend and our class got certified (all 4 of us).
Congrats!

I look forward to hanging out with you at our SoCal get togethers. It's a great place to meet new dive buddies.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom