New pics of my 125 gallon saltwater with new canopy just finished today. PICS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful!!!
Got a pic with a person next to it for size reference?
6'3"......that's one big tank.........truly stunning.

Alas, I am aquarially challenged. :(

pennypue:
Beautiful!!!
Got a pic with a person next to it for size reference?
6'3"......that's one big tank.........truly stunning.

Alas, I am aquarially challenged. :(

Thanks. I am 5'10". Tank is 6 feet long.
100_1976.jpg

Thanks for the visual reference. :)

I would love to have a tank like that....but then I'd have to have plastic fish. I'd kill everything else in their. Heck, it's amazing that my children have managed to feed themselves and grow into maturity!!!!

Penny, it's horrible when they die...not only is it sad...but they COST so freaking much!!!

LOL, well then I'd probably be best off with plastic ones for sure. I understand that you have to be really careful with the water temp and the mineral/salt content of the water?

Thank God, that children, cats and dogs are much more durable than that!!! They all make noise when they're hungry, tired or cold!!!!

That's quite a set-up. Having built a 250 gallon tank and maintained it for 6 years I know how proud you must be.

Just one piece of advice ...DON'T MOVE ANYTIME SOON !!

After several relocatoins I now will only allow myself the luxury of a nano tank (10 Gal). A little more brittle in terms of water quality maintenance but a lot easier to break down, clean AND move, if I ever decide to relocate again.

Footslogger:
That's quite a set-up. Having built a 250 gallon tank and maintained it for 6 years I know how proud you must be.

Just one piece of advice ...DON'T MOVE ANYTIME SOON !!

After several relocatoins I now will only allow myself the luxury of a nano tank (10 Gal). A little more brittle in terms of water quality maintenance but a lot easier to break down, clean AND move, if I ever decide to relocate again.

Yep, It's been several years since I sold off all my stuff. My 75 gallon had made it through 3 moves, but the 4th one was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm just now feeling like I could get a small one and maintain it.

This doesn't hold a candle to your 125 gallon set-up ...but here's what moving around can do to your hobby. This is my 10 gallon reef tank. Small but healthy !!

Attachments

• Aquarium.JPG
    Aquarium.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 51
Footslogger:
This doesn't hold a candle to your 125 gallon set-up ...but here's what moving around can do to your hobby. This is my 10 gallon reef tank. Small but healthy !!

Holy Crap...I've never seen a 10 gal reef tank...How much live rock do you have in there?

Back
Top Bottom