New pics of my 125 gallon saltwater with new canopy just finished today. PICS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Holy Crap...I've never seen a 10 gal reef tank...How much live rock do you have in there?

==========================

Just a guess ...but I'd say about 10 - 12 lbs. It is a very stable tank. Been up for well over 2 years now and have never lost a specimen, vertibrate or invertebrate.

Great source of pleasure and distraction while I'm waiting for my next dive trip.

Footslogger:
==========================

Just a guess ...but I'd say about 10 - 12 lbs. It is a very stable tank. Been up for well over 2 years now and have never lost a specimen, vertibrate or invertebrate.

Great source of pleasure and distraction while I'm waiting for my next dive trip.

You've got my interest...I see the little clown and anemone, but what else do you have in there??

SCUBAJENNIFER:
You've got my interest...I see the little clown and anemone, but what else do you have in there??

=====================================

Way too much, by traditional aquarium theory. But I've been at this for quite a while and follow my own rules.

As for specimens ...let's see

Clarks Clown
Sebae Anenome
Neon Gobies (2)
Black Ray Gobies (2)
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
Catalina Gobies (3)
Banded Coral Shrimp
Purple Dottyback
Pigmy Angel Fish
Scooter Blennie
Red Headed Gobie
Flame Gobie
Hermit Crabs (6)
Camel Shrimp

See ...like I said, WAY TOO MANY. Rule of thumb is about 1/2" of fish for every gallon of water. If you believe the "experts" I should only have about half that many specimens. The trick is establishing an incredibly healthy bacterical growth, good lighting, not over feeding and doing regular water changes ...oh yeah, and choosing very docile and compatible species.

Wow that is a bunch. I only have 2 fish in my 125 for now but it has only been set-up for 3 months. It has 150 pounds of live rock.

Footslogger:
That's quite a set-up. Having built a 250 gallon tank and maintained it for 6 years I know how proud you must be.

Just one piece of advice ...DON'T MOVE ANYTIME SOON !!

After several relocatoins I now will only allow myself the luxury of a nano tank (10 Gal). A little more brittle in terms of water quality maintenance but a lot easier to break down, clean AND move, if I ever decide to relocate again.

Thanks. I am not planning on moving anytime soon.:D

:d :d :d

But...but...look at your Wife's lighthouse collection! all hidden in the corner there.....:wink:

Beautiful workmanship! Do you have all the tools you needed to make it? or did you go to one of those rental shops?

Here is my latest lighthouse picture for your wife :wink:

IMG_0728.jpg

Beautiful! I assume that the walk in closet behind the tank is where the skimmer is located. as well as some of the other messy stuff. T5s are great. I switched to them last year. The individual reflector is vital, so DIY is generally best.

It looks like those are ceramic tile floors. Perfect. I have wood floors, so my tanks have to be in the basement. Now you might want to think about collecting a specimen or two on your next trip, if it's legal where you visit. Bringing back a small fish or invert is ok with US Customs. I just did so last month. My 200 gal. fish and live rock aquarium has an adult Spotted Drum collected in the Caribbean as a tiny juvenile two years ago, and a very big Butterfly Fish collected here in NJ when it was dime sized.

justleesa:
But...but...look at your Wife's lighthouse collection! all hidden in the corner there.....:wink:

Beautiful workmanship! Do you have all the tools you needed to make it? or did you go to one of those rental shops?

Here is my latest lighthouse picture for your wife :wink:

IMG_0728.jpg

Thank you. Yes I have my own wood working tools. Thanks for the new pic. The wife just added it for her screensaver...she says thank you.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom