New perdix 2 is here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Yuen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So our shop just got the new perdix 2 TI AI in. Debating if I should upgrade from the ver 1 to ver 2.

66713D90-2016-4442-81E7-016109F095A6.jpeg
B188BAFB-131B-4893-BB90-9493855CE492.jpeg

What is the "2" offering that version "1" isn't offering?
Not much. The bezel and the piezo buttons are titanium. Hence the TI. And now it has vibration alerts. Oh and the price. The price for v1 ~995 vs v2 is 1370 for TI. Black TI IS 1420

Here is a link to the page.

I think it's more refined for tech users. Also different styling. Plus the upgraded transmitter.

For myself, I stay with the original Perdix AI.

Here is a link to the page.

I think it's more refined for tech users. Also different styling. Plus the upgraded transmitter.

For myself, I stay with the original Perdix AI.
Well the swift transmitter have been out for a while. You can use either the old “oceanic” transmitter or the new one so no difference there. Everything else beside what I stated is pretty much the same.

Also. Perdix 1 is being discontinue and while stock last.

I picked one up last week, and dove with it all weekend. The Oceanic transmitter I have paired fine with it, and I get AI on my (now backup) OC1, and Perdix 2 from the same transmitter. If you run the Perdix 2 in low conservativism mode the profiles agree 100% at least for Nitrox.

It's funny though, I still go for an analog compass.

All of what is mentioned above does NOT justify the price to go from "1" to "2" at all, not even close.
You know to take 30% or so off because the price listed is in Canadian dollars, yes?

You know to take 30% or so off because the price listed is in Canadian dollars, yes?
I know, it still doesn't justify buying a P2 if you already have a P1.

Back
Top Bottom