New Oxycheq Mach V!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, its a design flaw if you have to inflate fully while having to clamber aboard boat same time no? something so simple to put right at the factory should be.

some of us are whingers....

Stephen:
Have you used it with a "lowboy" cylinder, LP95/98?

Stephen Ash:
No... just Al80s.
I've been chomping at the bit to order one since Patrick anounced it was coming.
I think it is probably deceptive, but the Mach V looks long because it is so narrow.
I only dive the 98CF tanks so I don't have a lot of room for up and down adjustment and my steel backplate only has one set of holes.
I want avoid pinching the wing when sitting on a bench.
You don't happen to have an OMS 32# singles wing in your quiver? If the Mach V fits within the profile of the OMS, give or take a couple inches I will be fine.
Patrick has been kind enough to offer to let me come to his operation and actually handle one, but unfortunately, I have not been able to do so.
The pics you posted by the way have pretty much done it for me. Kudos to Oxycheq. Patrick, it looks like a product of superior quality.

I have used the Mach V with short Aluminum 63s. They work fine, you just have to be careful not to set the tank down on top of your wing since the wing is longer than the tank. I usually just lay the whole thing down on top of the tank and have had no problems. I plan on trying out some even shorter Aluminum tanks soon, only problem I can think of is the tank boot on them not allowing me to put the tank high enough. With the 63s the bottom tank band was right against the boot.

I'm having my LDS here order up the 40# Mach V on Tuesday, just deciding on the rest of the package, either I'll go all OxyCheq, or get the Mach V and put in with a DiveRite plate and harness.

Splitlip:
You don't happen to have an OMS 32# singles wing in your quiver? If the Mach V fits within the profile of the OMS, give or take a couple inches I will be fine.

Yes, I have an OMS single 32# around here somewhere. It is the older style horseshoe inner bladder but I'm pretty sure that it has the same overall profile as the newer oval design. (I could probably get my hands on a new one if it really matters). You want to know if the height of the Mach V is no more than the height of the OMS... right?

Stephen Ash:
Yes, I have an OMS single 32# around here somewhere. It is the older style horseshoe inner bladder but I'm pretty sure that it has the same overall profile as the newer oval design. (I could probably get my hands on a new one if it really matters). You want to know if the height of the Mach V is no more than the height of the OMS... right?
You are correct. The height is my concern. Don't go out of your way. Im pretty sure the horseshoe is about the same as the donut. I have a donut and have seen the two side by side.
I focused on the OMS 32, because mine just fits between the bottom of my first stage and the bottom of my tank boots.
Thanks for the help.

Splitlip:
You are correct. The height is my concern. Don't go out of your way. Im pretty sure the horseshoe is about the same as the donut. I have a donut and have seen the two side by side.
I focused on the OMS 32, because mine just fits between the bottom of my first stage and the bottom of my tank boots.
Thanks for the help.

Fits! With room to spare! When I get a chance I'll take some pics but it looks good to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom