New Oxycheq Mach V!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lesterkwok:
Patrick;

Are there any dealers in Singapore that sells your product cuz I am interested in getting them.

Or can we order in quantity directly from you?

i might be interested too:)

Dove my new Mach V this past weekend. Nice little wing. Didn't even notice it there when deflated. Was a little light on lift for what I was doing, but it was enough (was testing out drysuits, lots o' weight). I wish I had a pic, although it would probably have just been a pic of my big ole' "Fat White Baby" I was carrying (LP 95). I guess you couldn't even see the wing from the back.

steveann:
Dove my new Mach V this past weekend. Nice little wing. Didn't even notice it there when deflated. Was a little light on lift for what I was doing, but it was enough (was testing out drysuits, lots o' weight). I wish I had a pic, although it would probably have just been a pic of my big ole' "Fat White Baby" I was carrying (LP 95). I guess you couldn't even see the wing from the back.

Would love to have seen a photo. Even though I wanted to be finished with wings, now working on #18, #19 and #20. The designs will stop at #20 --- at least for a while. :)

Best regards,

Patrick
----
OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

Hi I'm new on the block but had to join to raise my concerns on the Mach V 32! there are 2 threads already on fact that there is no drainage mesh/grommets on the wing but has not reached Oxycheq's (ie Patrick's ) attn.

I have been using mine for a month now and my comments are:

1. the obligatory STA sits too high on Koplin BP(on lower setting)that the top tank strap grips cylind too high. Consequently I knock me head easily on 1st stage. Am i the only one wit this prob?

2. Well the intentional or otherwise omission of drainage annoys me when climbing aboard boat after dive. This one has got to be obvious prob for most?!

3. On the positive side.. it does promote a great swim position and minimal drag. Don't notice any tank wrap and shape allows easy air venting. Friends also comment that I appear to float effortlessly on my back atop my new "dinghy"!

I'm confident I can solve both probs quite easily with some DIY but some users could be quite put off by such design flaws. What say yo?

forfooksake:
Hi I'm new on the block but had to join to raise my concerns on the Mach V 32! there are 2 threads already on fact that there is no drainage mesh/grommets on the wing but has not reached Oxycheq's (ie Patrick's ) attn.

I have been using mine for a month now and my comments are:

1. the obligatory STA sits too high on Koplin BP(on lower setting)that the top tank strap grips cylind too high. Consequently I knock me head easily on 1st stage. Am i the only one wit this prob?

No my girlfriend and I both had the same issue and I even sent Patrick a PM about it. Namely, I'd like to see a third set of cam strap slots in the middle of the STA and I'd like the STA to be aluminium if that's strong enough.

My solution to make the current STA work has been to just put the top cam strap underneath the middle of the STA. Even though it doesn't go through any slots it still locks down when you tighten it around the tank and the bottom cam strap is threaded through the STA slots anyway.

Re drain holes; if you fully inflate the wing, the zipper acts as a drain.

hey guys, the boards still seem to be having trouble showing those attatched photos. Im very interested in this wing and was wondering if some of u guys could actually send me the photos via email. Thanks -Tom maresco2@ufl.edu

UFScubaDiver:
hey guys, the boards still seem to be having trouble showing those attatched photos. Im very interested in this wing and was wondering if some of u guys could actually send me the photos via email. Thanks -Tom maresco2@ufl.edu

How about this?

MachV_1.jpg

mach_V_5.jpg

thanks man, do you have any pics of the wing on a BP by chance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom