New Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The new marina by Caleta Harbor is to open in a few days. Today the slips were raffled off ( we did very well and will move our boats in by the weekend. The bad news for all ops is that our costs will go way up…right now.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

ALDORA DIVERS

It has been fascinating to read about your business from afar. I always look forward to reading your updates, and hope the new boats and space create a solid foundation for many years to come.

Best of luck to you.

The new marina by Caleta Harbor is to open in a few days. Today the slips were raffled off ( we did very well and will move our boats in by the weekend. The bad news for all ops is that our costs will go way up…right now.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

ALDORA DIVERS
How much more do you have to pay, and what do you get for that...?

You moving your whole op south out of abrigo?
I guess there will be a fuel savings.

That is for darn sure, unless they continue northern pickups. That new place is supposed to be fancy, other than the entrance is badly redesigned and might be an issue for bigger boats I guess. El Grad posted a map a bit back with a ton of crap on it. I think condos and shops and crap. No more good ole dumpy caleta with boats docked in the middle away from land.

FYI
Almost all Aldora boats are/were kept at Caleta = No fuel savings for Dave. Hurricane is kept in front of the Villa for express dives this time of year and on the east side for the Norte season. Felicity is the only Aldora boat kept up north near the Villa at Puerto Abrigo.

How much more do you have to pay, and what do you get for that...?

There are no such thing as fuel savings here. The fuel prices rise systematically - unlike the US - fuel prices never ever go down here - there is no fluctuation, only systematic increases every few months. In the 13 years I have been in operation, fuel prices have gone from 5.42 pesos a liter to 13.6 pesos a liter - and this will go up again soon.

So regardless of where we keep our boats - there is no fuel savings - particularly for those of us who offer the convenience of pick-ups north of Caleta - we have significantly higher costs than those who only offer pick-ups from Caleta and south.

So what is your new rate for a two tank dive?

FYI
Almost all Aldora boats are/were kept at Caleta = No fuel savings for Dave. Hurricane is kept in front of the Villa for express dives this time of year and on the east side for the Norte season. Felicity is the only Aldora boat kept up north near the Villa at Puerto Abrigo.

Oh. I just guess I thought there were more than just the big one up there for some reason.

And Christi, I was just saying if someone moved from Abrigo to Caleta and didn't run north for pickup like you do, they would save fuel. Not save on the price of fuel which is expensive.

I am doing my part though to save on fuel:

IMG_4447.jpg

9th Place in the Rodeo de Lanchas Mexicanas has its rewards. She hardly uses any fuel.....

Back
Top Bottom