New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my situation, I had deleted a dive without realizing it, then did a few other changes in the application. Once I realized it, the 'Undo' option was no longer applicable to the deleted dive. I'm a big fan of a confirmation dialog when deleting. You can always add a preference to not show it. That '-' button is just too easy to hit.

Another idea is to just remove the '-' button and require a user to go to the Edit menu to delete a dive.

Yep, fair point. I'll sort something out for the next release.

Well you're not the first to mention that. You can undo easily ? Apple+Z or from the menu..

Hmm.. could be worth adding I guess. I suppose you don't delete stuff all that often in reality.
Or how about a prompt for deleting dives:

"Are you sure you want to move this dive to the Trash?"
(Cancel) (OK)

If you wanted to make this really slick you could even add a separate configuration item to your Preferences that would allow power users turn off the prompt while still warning new users by default. There are other things like photos and gear that might warrant the same or similar treatment.

Or how about a prompt for deleting dives:

"Are you sure you want to move this dive to the Trash?"
(Cancel) (OK)

That's what I was meaning. Although it won't be going to the trash, it will be gone. Undo will still work.

If you wanted to make this really slick you could even add a separate configuration item to your Preferences that would allow power users turn off the prompt while still warning new users by default. There are other things like photos and gear that might warrant the same or similar treatment.

Could do. I will add it as an option so you can turn it off - which will be handy during testing, since I tend to add/remove a lot of stuff. :)

That's what I was meaning. Although it won't be going to the trash, it will be gone. Undo will still work.

Could do. I will add it as an option so you can turn it off - which will be handy during testing, since I tend to add/remove a lot of stuff. :)

Yeah I also noticed that it would be really easy to accidentally delete a dive. Look forward to the next update! :)

Just wanted to say that I really like the merge dive feature! When I did my Stress and Rescue course a couple of years ago, the computer downloaded a bunch of individual dives that weren't really individual dives. So cool to be able to simply merge them into one now!

Just wanted to say that I really like the merge dive feature! When I did my Stress and Rescue course a couple of years ago, the computer downloaded a bunch of individual dives that weren't really individual dives. So cool to be able to simply merge them into one now!

Glad to hear it. The wife suggested it actually.. I also had a couple of training dives like that, 8 minute surface intervals etc that aren't really new dives.

I agree :D

It's a real fantastic function.....can make me free from stress !

Still wait SAC too. Maybe next time I can input the tank size ha~~ :D

I agree :D

It's a real fantastic function.....can make me free from stress !

Still wait SAC too. Maybe next time I can input the tank size ha~~ :D

I will add tank size and maybe SAC.

I'm going to be a little behind for a few days, I just put a new HDD in my laptop so I have to spend a while restoring all my preferences and code and dev tools etc (wanted a nice fresh system).

I decided I would try and start entering into MacDive dive info I have for my older dives (ones pre-Suunto D6). Some of these go back many years, and the data I have is incomplete. Entering in the info for these seems way more tedious than it should be. Here are some of my issues:

1.) The date - The current method of entering the date is painful for older dives. The calendar display is nice to look at, but I can't find any way to move back in time other than month by month. Going back 8 years (in my situation) for lots of dives is brutal! Ditch the calendar and go with a simply entry field, or please give some way to move back in time in bigger steps.

2.) The time - also pretty, but trying to drag the hands around to set the time is not as easy as simply entering in a entry field.

3.) Required fields (Max Depth, Average Depth, Duration) - Do these really have to be required? For some of my older dives, I simply don't have that info. If I have to enter something, I'd like to enter '0' so that I can easily see that I was missing that information, but MacDive won't allow that. What can we do here?

I decided I would try and start entering into MacDive dive info I have for my older dives (ones pre-Suunto D6). Some of these go back many years, and the data I have is incomplete. Entering in the info for these seems way more tedious than it should be. Here are some of my issues:

1.) The date - The current method of entering the date is painful for older dives. The calendar display is nice to look at, but I can't find any way to move back in time other than month by month. Going back 8 years (in my situation) for lots of dives is brutal! Ditch the calendar and go with a simply entry field, or please give some way to move back in time in bigger steps.

2.) The time - also pretty, but trying to drag the hands around to set the time is not as easy as simply entering in a entry field.

3.) Required fields (Max Depth, Average Depth, Duration) - Do these really have to be required? For some of my older dives, I simply don't have that info. If I have to enter something, I'd like to enter '0' so that I can easily see that I was missing that information, but MacDive won't allow that. What can we do here?

I second that the "average depth" field being a requirement is an issue. My Suunto doesn't have that capability and when I enter dives manually I don't know half the time what the average depth was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom