New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Custom Idea's cable works just fine!

According to custom's website they only support the Suunto Vyper/Vytec/Vytec DS/Cobra/Mosquito/D3. Can anyone confirm whether they have this working for the D6 before I spend the money?

Very cool!

Could you label the axes on the graph in the PDF printouts?

I turned the labelling off since it was quite small, but I could look at adding it back, perhaps with an option.

Antarctic-Adventurer - the vyper/mosquito etc use a different connection to connect to the dive computer. That one won't work. You'll need the D6/D9 compatible cable. I'm not sure if CustomIdea sell one. Someone else may know.

It works just fine and I think it's half the price. Currently their Intel driver is in beta, so you need to email them for a copy - but they responded with the file within a day and it works perfectly. If you're running a PPC machine you can download it off their website.

Zzzking - I may take you up on that once I begin integrating support for the reefnet devices.

Looked at the label yesterday. It's an Ultra, not a Pro, so it's the newest one.

If anyone knows a site where I can purchase the Suunto D6 cable I would be grateful, Suunto don't seem to sell it on theirs. :wink:

(I also checked ebay but all the cables are for different models, :wink: )

Last edited:
Nice update! I agree with the previous poster that it would be really nice to have some labeling on the graph in the PDF printouts.

I also like the addition of the '+' button to add dives, but not a fan of the '-' button. It is way too easy to hit the minus button and delete a dive without even realizing it. How about adding a confirmation dialog when deleting dives?

I turned the labelling off since it was quite small, but I could look at adding it back, perhaps with an option...

Nice update! I agree with the previous poster that it would be really nice to have some labeling on the graph in the PDF printouts.

I also like the addition of the '+' button to add dives, but not a fan of the '-' button. It is way too easy to hit the minus button and delete a dive without even realizing it. How about adding a confirmation dialog when deleting dives?

Well you're not the first to mention that. You can undo easily ? Apple+Z or from the menu..

Hmm.. could be worth adding I guess. I suppose you don't delete stuff all that often in reality.

In my situation, I had deleted a dive without realizing it, then did a few other changes in the application. Once I realized it, the 'Undo' option was no longer applicable to the deleted dive. I'm a big fan of a confirmation dialog when deleting. You can always add a preference to not show it. That '-' button is just too easy to hit.

Another idea is to just remove the '-' button and require a user to go to the Edit menu to delete a dive.

Well you're not the first to mention that. You can undo easily ? Apple+Z or from the menu..

Hmm.. could be worth adding I guess. I suppose you don't delete stuff all that often in reality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom