New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the late reply guys, been away -

Will change so they're not mandatory, and look at the date/time entry.

I just had an issue, and was wondering if there was a way to prevent it. I had only imported dives from my Suunto Gekko once, when I first got my cord, to make sure everything transfered, and it worked fine. I've had a few dives since then, so this morning I went to import the new dives, but instead of importing just the dives made since I last imported, it imported every dive that was on the computer, so now I have several duplicates in my dive log. Did I do something wrong, and is there a way to prevent this, or is this a known issue?

Thanks!

I had another thought for future versions, and that is to have customizable dive info fields. Right now the program seems to assume you're always on a dive boat, with a dive master. 95% of the dives I do are shore dives, and the other 4.9% are from a buddy's boat. It would be nice to be able to change these fields to suit the types of dives we do.

Also, is there a way to change the default diver name from "Suunto Diver" to my name?

I just had an issue, and was wondering if there was a way to prevent it. I had only imported dives from my Suunto Gekko once, when I first got my cord, to make sure everything transfered, and it worked fine. I've had a few dives since then, so this morning I went to import the new dives, but instead of importing just the dives made since I last imported, it imported every dive that was on the computer, so now I have several duplicates in my dive log. Did I do something wrong, and is there a way to prevent this, or is this a known issue?
Thanks!

This was in a issue in a previous version. The way the unique identifier for a dive was created was slightly incorrect in the case of certain PDC's - the gekko being one. Was your original import from an older version ? If so, it should be ok now (since the new dives would have been imported with a correct identifier). Please email me if you're still having problems and you are on the latest version.

bdshort:
I had another thought for future versions, and that is to have customizable dive info fields. Right now the program seems to assume you're always on a dive boat, with a dive master. 95% of the dives I do are shore dives, and the other 4.9% are from a buddy's boat. It would be nice to be able to change these fields to suit the types of dives we do.

You can leave those fields blank. They're not mandatory. What other changes would you like to see ?

bdshort:
Also, is there a way to change the default diver name from "Suunto Diver" to my name?

You can do this on the dive computer itself, but I have not implemented this functionality: You will need to use Suunto Dive Manager or some other application to edit it. Otherwise, you can bulk-edit this data for every selected dive, so at least you only have to enter it once per import.

Alternatively, I could add a preference to automatically set a diver name (regardless of what the dive computer has stored), if that would help. At this stage, I'd rather not add the ability to modify the dive computer since it has the potential to cause problems that I would rather not be responsible for. :)

Yes, the imports were under an old version, so that explains it. Thanks!

Another feature I thought of was a way of exporting select data to a 5x7 sheet that could be put in my logbook

Have you tried Export -> PDF ?

Ooops, I hadn't noticed that feature. Thanks for pointing it out. It would be cool to be able to customize it, as I mentioned before, I don't use some of the fields it exports.

Thanks for all the hard work on a great program... now I need to figure out how to unhack my Gekko so it doesn't think it's a Vyper anymore!

Ooops, I hadn't noticed that feature. Thanks for pointing it out. It would be cool to be able to customize it, as I mentioned before, I don't use some of the fields it exports.

I'm considering this, but it's not a huge priority.

Thanks for all the hard work on a great program... now I need to figure out how to unhack my Gekko so it doesn't think it's a Vyper anymore!

Hah. The dodgy Gekko hack strikes again.. :)

What other changes would you like to see ?
Any progress on the IR support needed for downloading my Uwatec Tec 2G? (pleasepleasepleaseplease)

Thanks t0w - Have a D9 and only run "parallels" to download this to my dive log - now I can do without Windows and revert back to pure MAC.
:D

Back
Top Bottom