New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any progress on the IR support needed for downloading my Uwatec Tec 2G? (pleasepleasepleaseplease)

Support for other devices is coming, when I find time. IR will likely not be supported to begin with.

Casserly - you're welcome!

Any progress on the IR support needed for downloading my Uwatec Tec 2G? (pleasepleasepleaseplease)

Infrared communication on the Mac is still a mistery to us. On our other two main platforms (Windows and Linux) we have a working irda backend, and downloading Uwatec Smarts/Galileo works fine. So once someone can point us in the right direction for doing the low level irda communication on a mac, the rest is trivial.

Can you provide a memory dump of your divecomputer? We don't have any data from your model yet. You'll have to run the test application on a Windows/Linux machine (or inside some virtual machine on your mac).

http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/smart (Linux)
http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/smart.exe (Windows)

Infrared communication on the Mac is still a mistery to us. On our other two main platforms (Windows and Linux) we have a working irda backend, and downloading Uwatec Smarts/Galileo works fine. So once someone can point us in the right direction for doing the low level irda communication on a mac, the rest is trivial.

Can you provide a memory dump of your divecomputer? We don't have any data from your model yet. You'll have to run the test application on a Windows/Linux machine (or inside some virtual machine on your mac).

http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/smart (Linux)
http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/smart.exe (Windows)
Sure, but its brand-spanking new and only has a handful of dives on it so far. Assuming something is better than nothing, I'll get on this sometime over the weekend.

John

Sure, but its brand-spanking new and only has a handful of dives on it so far. Assuming something is better than nothing, I'll get on this sometime over the weekend.

John

That's perfectly fine - the more the merrier, it all helps.

I've been rather slack of late, I apologise - busy at work, away on the weekends etc. I have a few bug fixes and minor features to release at some point, I need to do a little more testing yet though. Any other little things people have been waiting for before I decide to finalise and do an update ?

Just curious if you had a chance to work on any of these for the next release?

I decided I would try and start entering into MacDive dive info I have for my older dives (ones pre-Suunto D6). Some of these go back many years, and the data I have is incomplete. Entering in the info for these seems way more tedious than it should be. Here are some of my issues:

1.) The date - The current method of entering the date is painful for older dives. The calendar display is nice to look at, but I can't find any way to move back in time other than month by month. Going back 8 years (in my situation) for lots of dives is brutal! Ditch the calendar and go with a simply entry field, or please give some way to move back in time in bigger steps.

2.) The time - also pretty, but trying to drag the hands around to set the time is not as easy as simply entering in a entry field.

3.) Required fields (Max Depth, Average Depth, Duration) - Do these really have to be required? For some of my older dives, I simply don't have that info. If I have to enter something, I'd like to enter '0' so that I can easily see that I was missing that information, but MacDive won't allow that. What can we do here?

hi t0W,

thanks for the great software and all the hard work that went in to make it happen..
I just want to point out a bug with D6. (ver 1.4.0)

me and my wife both have suunto (D6 & D4).
with the D6 i cant seem to get my "average air consumption per minute" in the statistics screen. the D4 is working though..also "air suck" shows zero with the D6.

and with both D6 and D4 air temperature is not working for us. with D4 its showing 1C and D6 showing 184C in the info screen for individual dive..

last, i tried to play around with air start end pressure after this problem and it won't let me make any changes once it has been saved. comes up "formatting error". is this how it should be??
thanks again for everything and look forward to the new upgrade.

PS. we are using the dive computers on different macs. D4 on macbook and D6 on Macbook Pro (both intel). dunno if this helps..

hi t0W,

thanks for the great software and all the hard work that went in to make it happen..
I just want to point out a bug with D6. (ver 1.4.0)

me and my wife both have suunto (D6 & D4).
with the D6 i cant seem to get my "average air consumption per minute" in the statistics screen. the D4 is working though..also "air suck" shows zero with the D6.

You won't get the air consumption per minute because those computers are not air integrated. Air Sucked currently was not factoring in manually entered data, but I have changed that for the next release.

and with both D6 and D4 air temperature is not working for us. with D4 its showing 1C and D6 showing 184C in the info screen for individual dive..

You will need to email me about this so I can take a look at the data.

last, i tried to play around with air start end pressure after this problem and it won't let me make any changes once it has been saved. comes up "formatting error". is this how it should be??

This seems to work fine for me changing random values on my data. What are you trying to enter ? If you try and enter letters it will come up with a formatting error as a number is required.

Again, please email me (address is on the web page) and I'll take a look. I'll get you to send me the data from your dive computer and I'll investigate the temperature.

Last edited:
Hi t0W,

I just emailed the data...sorry only two dives each computer. just got the watch so not many dives on them..

btw, I deleted and retransferred the data for D6 and changing the air start - end pressure is now working...dunno why it did that the first time...

thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom