New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t0w

Contributor
Reaction score
I figured enough people talk about this that it warranted its own thread.

I've just released my OS X application for talking to the Suunto D6/D9 and logging dives. It requires Leopard, and a USB driver. Links on the site.

MacDive

Hope someone finds it useful.

Thank you so much I wish I used a Suunto. I am using the VT3.

I'm still waiting on a mac app that supports the vyper2!

The Vyper2 is feasible. The reason it only supports the D6/D9 at the moment is that I have a D9, and the D6 is essentially the same. :)

Give it some time, and I'll get around to supporting it. In fact, if you visit my site and send me an email (email is on the site), you can help provide me some data and we can look at getting it working sooner rather than later.

Edit: The Vyper2 is almost the same actually, just some slight differences. I'll get on it over the next few days..

Vyper2/Cobra2 support is on the way. I will be away for the long weekend, so it won't be until next week some time at the earliest.

After that will be the mosquito, d3, vyper etc.

If anyone would like to help (not just me, also TNT on these forums - check his other thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...nted-testers-suunto-download-application.html), then please let one of us know.

If you have a dive computer and don't mind running a program to capture some data for us, it would really help.

After I upgrade to Leopard, I'll look into a new dive computer. Wish I had all this info 2 years ago!

Hi t0w - is there any chance that this could support non-Suunto computers in the future?
(I have an Oceanic VT3)

My dad has just bought an Oceanic Atom 2.0 and he uses a Mac. Anyone know if there is any Mac support out there for the Atom?

Personally I use a Suunto Cobra :)

Hi t0w - is there any chance that this could support non-Suunto computers in the future?
(I have an Oceanic VT3)

Yep, there is. But my first priority is sorting out the rest of the Suunto models. I haven't looked in to the VT3 at all, so I couldn't give you a definitive answer or timeframe for that particular model.

Also, if you're willing to help us run a few tests, it makes it much more likely. Check TNT's thread that I mentioned in my previous post and send him an email/PM.

I have added experimental Cobra2/Vyper2 support. However, I need some test data from a Vyper2 to confirm a couple of things quickly, before I can release it (I already have Cobra2 data).

If someone is willing to run a tool for me to save the memory contents and email me the resulting file, then I can get it released ASAP.

Please send me a mail to macdive@thedoorisajar.org if you're wiling to help. It will take 2-3 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom