New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice update with 1.4.1.

Getting feature picky now:

#1) Can the app be designed such that when clicking in a field in the Dive Information area, that it auto-highlights/selects the contents of the field? It would make it much easier to change an existing entry by allowing you to simply click once in the field and then start typing.

#2) Would love to see a temperature graph

#3) Auto-complete when entering data in fields based on previously entered data.

Great app!

Question about the Merge Dives feature: When I merge two dives, the duration for the newly merged dive = Dive 1 duration + time between dives + Dive 2 duration. Why is the time between the dives included in the duration of the merged dive? If I merge two 7 minute dives that had a 60 minute interval between them, the newly merged dive has a duration of 74 mins. Is that how it should work? Why wouldn't it have a duration of 14 mins?

Nice update with 1.4.1.

Getting feature picky now:

#1) Can the app be designed such that when clicking in a field in the Dive Information area, that it auto-highlights/selects the contents of the field? It would make it much easier to change an existing entry by allowing you to simply click once in the field and then start typing.

#2) Would love to see a temperature graph

#3) Auto-complete when entering data in fields based on previously entered data.

Great app!

I removed the temperature graph because it was boring. It never changes a huge amount. I will look at adding it back in a subsequent version once I add SAC rate and have to modify the code/interface a little anyway, since it's pretty trivial.

Auto complete I will do at some point, not sure when.

Paco II:
Question about the Merge Dives feature: When I merge two dives, the duration for the newly merged dive = Dive 1 duration + time between dives + Dive 2 duration. Why is the time between the dives included in the duration of the merged dive? If I merge two 7 minute dives that had a 60 minute interval between them, the newly merged dive has a duration of 74 mins. Is that how it should work? Why wouldn't it have a duration of 14 mins?

Because there's 60 minutes between them.. it would otherwise be a flawed representation of time.

hey t0w,

great to hear that theres a new update!
However, when I try I keep getting an update error. saying "An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later".
have any ideas how to get the update?
thanks!

Ah, apologies - there is a problem with the auto-update framework in version 1.4.1, unfortunately. You'll have to download it manually from the website (linked in the post above yours) and install it over the top.

The problem should be fixed in 1.4.2, although that's not a huge amount of help to you at the moment. Sorry about that.

thanks t0w. I just updated it manually.
just a questions for tank size and working pressure, what values do I put? I mean I dive with standard AL80 and pressure is usually 3000~3100. is that what I input? dont really know how that works..

80, for the size, and the working pressure will probably be 3000. Depends on the type of tank you were using, but sounds right for your case.

The rest is calculated based on the pressure values from your dive computer. I should add a note or something to make that clear.

so if my computer is not air integrated it will not calculate, right?? I have a D6 so i guess I cant use this option...

so if my computer is not air integrated it will not calculate, right?? I have a D6 so i guess I cant use this option...

Correct. Well - the per-minute graph will not calculate. The average SAC rate for the dive should calculate still, since you can manually enter your start/end pressure. You can see that in the side panel.

Back
Top Bottom