New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can someone do me a favor and see if you can add gear to the gear list? When I click the 'New' button, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

You are probably missing the fact I cleverly broke that, in 1.3.4. Oops.

Fix is in the latest dev version, will be out this weekend...

Sorry! :embarassed:

It's all good! Glad to know it wasn't just me being a dork :dork2:

You are probably missing the fact I cleverly broke that, in 1.3.4. Oops.

Fix is in the latest dev version, will be out this weekend...

Sorry! :embarassed:

Nope, entirely my fault. :)

And apologies for not releasing a new version this weekend. I have a couple of things to finish and I decided to hold off.

A lot of you have been asking for Oceanic support, and thanks to someone else on this forum, it isn't far away. I will be updating MacDive to use a refined version of the library that it is currently using for communicating with Suuntos (see TnT's post). This means it will also support Uwatec (probably not IRDa to begin with) and Reefnet devices.

But (always a but!).. we need some test data to ensure that everything is working ok before it can all be released and then integrated. So - do you have an oceanic computer ? Would you mind taking five minutes to help us out ? You'll just need to run a utility to provide us with the memory off your computer. Windows, linux or Mac - whatever you have.

If you can, please post here, or TnT's thread, or send me an email (address on my website).

A lot of you have been asking for Oceanic support, and thanks to someone else on this forum, it isn't far away. I will be updating MacDive to use a refined version of the library that it is currently using for communicating with Suuntos (see TnT's post). This means it will also support Uwatec (probably not IRDa to begin with) and Reefnet devices.

But (always a but!).. we need some test data to ensure that everything is working ok before it can all be released and then integrated. So - do you have an oceanic computer ? Would you mind taking five minutes to help us out ? You'll just need to run a utility to provide us with the memory off your computer. Windows, linux or Mac - whatever you have.

If you can, please post here, or TnT's thread, or send me an email (address on my website).

I don't have Oceanic but I DO have a Reefnet Sensus Pro if you need test data from that.

MacDive is great software. I have a D6 but no cable yet. I want to buy one just to use this software and log my dives. Is it best to buy it direct from Suunto or are there any better places anyone can recommend? :lotsalove:

Custom Idea's cable works just fine!

It works just fine and I think it's half the price. Currently their Intel driver is in beta, so you need to email them for a copy - but they responded with the file within a day and it works perfectly. If you're running a PPC machine you can download it off their website.

Zzzking - I may take you up on that once I begin integrating support for the reefnet devices.

1.4.0 is out. There are a few new things, so let me know if you have any problems.

Changes:
You can now merge two or more dives together.
Added pressure start/end columns to main table.
Added ability to edit pressure start/end.
Added 'Weight' field.
Added a few more depth increments to the dive graph for very shallow dives.
Added a 'New Dive' menu item, in addition to the existing button.
Added ability to export to PDF for printing.
Added CSV export.
Added UDCF export.
Added a basic MacDive logbook icon for SDM/UDCF files in.
'Total Bottom Time' now takes days into account when displaying.
You can now drag and drop SDM/UDCF files into MacDive.
You can now do 'open with MacDive' on SDM/UDCF files.
Changed the ordering of the column chooser menu in the table so that it is sorted.
Gear is now sorted by type, manufacturer then name.
Fixed a problem with importing duplicates via SDM import.
Fixed a bug introduced in 1.3.4 where you couldn't add new bits of gear.
Updated UDCF importer to deal with certain UDCF files that are created incorrectly.
Updated UDCF importer to deal with different sampling methods.
Changed the order of the dive description to 'site, place, country'.
Various interface tweaks.
Various code tidy ups.

Back
Top Bottom