New high power LED lamp and tank system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Jim,
i will try to answer to your questions:
1. if you cut under water the cabel, you will have water through the cable in the head and in the tank. If you will avoid this, you must buy the LED-CAVE with waterproof connector on the tank. In this case you will water have "only" in the head. The normal version is inseparably connected. We use this way, because some people are unable to close the connection right.
2. The light in not focusable. The beam has 8°. In 2m distance you have a hot spot of 35 to 40cm diameter.
3. initial charging time is approx. 6 hrs. The charging current is 2 A. For charging of 85% capacity you need only 4 to 5 hrs.
The other charging times i dont know, it was never tested.
4. After 6 hrs. the electronic reduce the light power up to a voltage of 9v of the accu.
Then the current for the LED will be reduced so, that the voltage of the accu goes never under 9V (emergency light). After addional 3 hrs you have only enough light for your instruments, but the voltage of the accu is never less than 9V.
5. The kit include the charger. The Goodman handle or the other accessories (look on the "grosses Bild" on the bottem of this side)are optional.
6. The prices you can see on our side under "price list". If you want to know the export price, you must divide the prices by 1.19, addional is the freight cost.

I hope i have answered all your questions.

Michael

(the translation is ready)

Michael,

I AM specifically discussing the LED cave version of the light. I apologize for not making that clearer in my post.

New questions:

A) Do you have plans to make a focusable beam with the light? I am VERY interested in having a focusable beam for this light.

B) What does the charger look like? How does it plug into the battery? The price list does not say whether the charger is included.

C) After the 19% German tax is removed, the price for the LED cave with Goodman handle comes out to about $695 plus freight. Can you confirm this?

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info, so its around $1200 not including shipping...how about sending a sample one to Japan for me to try....Ill return it...honest I will....I promise...smile{

759 Euros is $1100 approx USD acccording to the current rate of exchange..what rate are you using Jim? even less 19% I still get arounf $800 USD..hmm???

759 Euros is $1100 approx USD acccording to the current rate of exchange..what rate are you using Jim? even less 19% I still get arounf $800 USD..hmm???

I am going by his response to my question where I asked what it would be in the US. I did not convert to Euros; that is why I asked for confirmation.

If it is US$1200 and not focusable, these things have a ways to go to be competitive with HID, pricewise. There are other obvious advantages such as durability of LED over HID. But this is in Germany, and we don't know things about the durability of the seals, cables, etc. that will take time and use to get answers.

I am going by his response to my question where I asked what it would be in the US. I did not convert to Euros; that is why I asked for confirmation.

If it is US$1200 and not focusable, these things have a ways to go to be competitive with HID, pricewise. There are other obvious advantages such as durability of LED over HID. But this is in Germany, and we don't know things about the durability of the seals, cables, etc. that will take time and use to get answers.

I agree Jim, it sounds good but at this stage of the game I wouldnt be throwing out the HID and rushing for one of these, but certainley looks promising, things to come eh...wait and see eh...I think things will get very interesting in the next couple of years...:wink:

Hello,
the export price in euro is 637,82 in US$ it is 942,69.
The charger is include at all our lamps!
For introducing this new system will be the Goodman handle include, too.
I understand your doubt because the distance is big between US and Germany.
But the distance in quality between US products (lamps) and german products is nearly the same.
Sorry, but a sample for me is Halcyon. These lamps buy in Germany only these crazy divers, who MUST have a DIR equipment.
Please, dont misunderstand me. I speek not only about the products of my company. I speek generally about German diving lamps. This is the reason for the prices.

Michael

Hello,
the export price in euro is 637,82 in US$ it is 942,69.
The charger is include at all our lamps!
For introducing this new system will be the Goodman handle include, too.
I understand your doubt because the distance is big between US and Germany.
But the distance in quality between US products (lamps) and german products is nearly the same.
Sorry, but a sample for me is Halcyon. These lamps buy in Germany only these crazy divers, who MUST have a DIR equipment.
Please, dont misunderstand me. I speek not only about the products of my company. I speek generally about German diving lamps. This is the reason for the prices.

Michael

Michael,

I am definitely in the market for a primary cave light right now. I have been looking at Salvo and DiveRite HIDs. This is the best (at least advertised) LED system from a lumen standpoint that I have seen to date. I am scheduled to complete my full cave training in North Florida in February, and I hope to have this purchase accomplished at that time. I am still very interested in a focusable beam. Any suggestions on that with regard to the LED Cave light?

@ Jim

I dont plan to make this light focusable, because with this reflector type it is impossible.
Tomorrow i will make some pictures of charger and connecting to accu.

For introducing i make following offer:
1 x LED CAVE with charger (110-230V) and with Goodman handle and with the freight cost is US$ 999.00.

Michael

@ Jim

I dont plan to make this light focusable, because with this reflector type it is impossible.
Tomorrow i will make some pictures of charger and connecting to accu.

For introducing i make following offer:
1 x LED CAVE with charger (110-230V) and with Goodman handle and with the freight cost is US$ 999.00.

Michael

Michael,

In cave diving, we use the light for signaling and communicating in tight spaces. I need to see what your 8 degrees looks like.

Please take a picture of the beam underwater so that we can have an idea what the beam looks like. You also mentioned that it is focused at 2m or that the beam came together at 2m? Please explain.

Thanks for answering all of my questions. I appreciate it.

Jim,

i cant make some pictures under water, because I DON'T DIVE.
To explain the beam i will make tomorrow some pictures in my company.
I think, if you see the beam shot in 1m and 2m distance, its good enough!?

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom