New high power LED lamp and tank system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbsub

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
we are the producer of the new PHOTON (torch with 22W Ostar-LED) and LED-CAVE.
Maybe there is anybody with interest to these both new light systems and visit our web-site (mb-sub.com: Home).
Sorry, but i must write this text, because i saw which light systems you talk about here in this forum.

Michael

Hello,
we are the producer of the new PHOTON (torch with 22W Ostar-LED) and LED-CAVE.
Maybe there is anybody with interest to these both new light systems and visit our web-site (mb-sub.com: Home).
Sorry, but i must write this text, because i saw which light systems you talk about here in this forum.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the posting. Many of us on this forum are in the US, and cannot read much German. I clicked on the British flag, but the language stayed German. Can you convert to English language for us? From what I can tell, the LED cave light is equivalent to a 50W Halogen bulb and has a 2 hour burn time. Is this correct? Does it come standard with Goodman Handle, charger, case, etc.?

Thanks.

Clicking the British flag works fine for me

The Photon is the first real LED lamp, because it's the only LED lamp with just one LED but with the brilliancy of a strong halogen lamp.The strongest compact LED in the world (Osram Ostar) provides for a properly bundled beam of light in connection with a special reflector (no lenses!) with an emission characteristics of approx. 10° with daylight colour temperature.With this LED we equal the brightness of a 50W halogen burner.The Integrated lamp electronic controls and protects the LED against excessive temperature. After the scheduled burning time, an emergency light is still available for an extended period.

* Osram Ostar 1000 Lumen LED witha nearly unlimited durability
* 12,6V-1,6Ah LiMn accumulator
* burning time at max. power: approx. 60 min
* additional emergency light for approx. 30 min
* discharge protection
* 2-stage dimming
* light colour temperature: approx. 6000 °K
* very natural colour reproduction
* length: 185mm
* handhold diameter: 45mm
* max. diameter: 53mm
* weight: 560g
* drift: 250g
* quick charger (110-230V) approx. 2 hours
* body: Aluminium, black anodised
* pressure resistance: 200m diving depth
* starting protection (shiftable switching ring)
* 2 years warranty also for the accumulator

* expandable to a professional LED-tank system (available january 2008)

Hello Jim,

sorry, you are right. I must publish the english translation.
For the moment i send you the english folder of this system.

Michael

Attachments

• Photon-Cave_engl.pdf
    200.6 KB · Views: 86
I had the same problem with that page

... 22W & 1000 lumens from a single LED .. now we're talk'n :D

Translated Can Light page ...

Now stand with max. Achievement approx.. 6 hours burning duration to the order and additionally still 2 - 3 hours emergency light. In Dimmstufe 2 the burning duration amounts to about 9 hours. The Dimmstufe 2 is a genuine current savings stage, because the brightness decreases in relation to the maximum achievement only insignificantly.

• Akku 12,6V - 9,6Ah lithium manganese
  • LED head with OSRAM Ostar 1000 lumens LED
  • Brightness with max. Achievement such as 50W halogen
  • Burning duration: 6 hours with max. Achievement
  • Burning duration gedimmt (75% brightness): approx.. 9 hours
  • additional emergency light: approx.. 3 hours
  • Light color temperature: 6000°K
  • Housing: Aluminum, black anodizes
  • Lamp head dimensions: ø=53mm; L=80mm
  • Tank dimensions: ø=66mm; L=235mm
  • 2 years warranty also on the Akku
  • Travel loader
  • Pressure resistant: 200m
  • Weight: 1.64 kg
  • Drift: 0.7 kg
... 1000 Lumen Osram Ostar LED Can Light (22W & 1000 lumens from a single LEDE ... Now we're getting somewhere!)
AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation

Michael ... thanks :)

Hello Jim,

sorry, you are right. I must publish the english translation.
For the moment i send you the english folder of this system.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am glad that you sent the pdf. I was able to get better information from that, but I still have some questions.

1) If the light floods, will water flow through the cable connecting the light head and the battery and also flood the battery?

2) Is the light focusable? I don't see any discussion about focusing the light head or the shape of the beam.

3) How long do the batteries take
a) for initial charge?
b) for recharge after 4 hours operation?
c) for recharge after the light starts to dim at 6 hours?

4) What happens after 6 hours? IN other words, how fast does the light intensity drop off? Is there a problem for the NiMn batteries if that happens?

5) Is there a kit? Does it come with the Goodman handle, case and charger?

6) What is the cost in the US? Can I buy direct from you?

Thanks.

Hello Jim,

sorry, please wait a time for my answers, because in the moment i make the translation of the web-site. I think in 1 to 2 hours i can send you my answers.

Michael

looks pretty cool, but the advetising pamphlet says 100% for 60 minutes not 6 hours? so which is it?

oops in my excitement i didnt see page two with the cave light only page one with the photon....

how much, how much....?

and what is the canister and head light unit made from? Delrin? aluminium?

Hello Jim,
i will try to answer to your questions:
1. if you cut under water the cable, you will have water through the cable in the head and in the tank. If you will avoid this, you must buy the LED-CAVE with waterproof connector on the tank. In this case you will water have "only" in the head. The normal version is inseparably connected. We use this way, because some people are unable to close the connection right.
2. The light in not focusable. The beam has 8°. In 2m distance you have a hot spot of 25 to 30cm diameter.
3. initial charging time is approx. 7 hrs. The charging current is 1,2 A. For charging of 85% capacity you need only 5 to 6 hrs.
The other charging times i dont know, it was never tested.
4. After 6 hrs. the electronic reduce the light power up to a voltage of 9v of the accu.
Then the current for the LED will be reduced so, that the voltage of the accu goes never under 9V (emergency light). After addional 3 hrs you have only enough light for your instruments, but the voltage of the accu is never less than 9V.
5. The kit include the charger. The Goodman handle or the other accessories (look on the "grosses Bild" on the bottem of this side)are optional.
6. The prices you can see on our side under "price list". If you want to know the export price, you must divide the prices by 1.19, addional is the freight cost.

I hope i have answered all your questions.

Michael

(the translation is ready)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom