New here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RRDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I'm new to scuba, just got certified. I live right outside of Austin, up in Round Rock and if theres anyone up here I'd love to hear from you.

Hey, Im in Georgetown. You can join us *April* 2nd for the San Marcos River CLean Up dive.

Hi RRDiver and welcome to the Swamp! I'm not in your area (I'm north of Tyler) but sooner or later you will travel north to CSSP. Happy diving and you will meet lots of friends at the SM cleanup dive- wish I could go!

Foo

Phazeshyft:
Hey, Im in Georgetown. You can join us March 2nd for the San Marcos River CLean Up dive.

Phaz...that would be APR 2....but yeah come on down the waters warm...and it's free...also bring glovers :D

RRDiver:
Howdy everyone, I'm new to scuba, just got certified. I live right outside of Austin, up in Round Rock and if theres anyone up here I'd love to hear from you.

Welcome
I was certified (sounds like I am crazy) back in October and have not been able to dive since then. It hasn't stopped me spending though. Anyway welcome aboard. I live in Forest Ridge off of 122. If you can catch me at home maybe we can dive together sometime. My son is getting certified in the next couple of weeks.

What dive shop did you use for training? I used Dive World on 620 but my son is using Tom's on Burnet.

Dan

Hey aggiedad, thanks for the reply. I also used dive world on 620 and theyre a friendly bunch. Anyways, whats your sons age? As to the fact that Im only 16, Id love to be able to dive locally with people my age. I really want to do the San Marcos cleanup, and if equipment really is free, all the better!

Welcome to the Swamp I have yet to finish up my dive class. This is a freindly bunch of people around here.

Lukie, your countdown indicates that you are doing your open water dives around may 6th. Would you happen to be taking it with Eastfield college? That is the same weekend we are going.

RRDiver:
Hey aggiedad, thanks for the reply. I also used dive world on 620 and theyre a friendly bunch. Anyways, whats your sons age? As to the fact that Im only 16, Id love to be able to dive locally with people my age. I really want to do the San Marcos cleanup, and if equipment really is free, all the better!

Yea, I noticed your age when I looked at your profile. My goodness, I really did used to be that age. :dazzler1: I wish I would have started diving back then.
Anyway, my son is 26 and I am 50 but don't let that deter you. We are friendly and better yet I have a boat when my wife lets me out. Who was your instructor? I had Wayne Brush. Yes they are a great bunch. Did you join the club? The people in it get together once a month and it seems that most of them are instructor's. I just barge in and start asking questions and they seem to not mind all the pestering. Great bunch.
I will be home for a week. BTW, check about joining the club because they are having a Easter Egg hunt this Saturday for club members. You could win a lot of prizes etc. Let me know and I could give you a ride.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom