New Geo2 Treated myself today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacat8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’ve wanted one for sooo long. They finally came down enough. Yeah it’s not a shearwater, but it’s the only watch that 1) runs DSAT to back up my Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus2 and 2) is a Freediving watch. The new Shearwater watch is way out of my price range. So... yay!

Attachments

• 3F40C535-6B2F-4B9B-B314-13101B95CF6D.jpeg
    3F40C535-6B2F-4B9B-B314-13101B95CF6D.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 63
Nice! I love my Oceanic OCI, I use the free dive mode a lot too. I too was considering getting the teric, but I can't justify spending the money when my computer works just fine and is easy to program.

Thanks, that OCI is nice too. My Freediving is pretty mellow but I’m excited to finally have a watch for it besides my Timex LOL

I hated the Geo interface. There’s a online course on DiveNav’s website that really helps. Well worth the $8 if you need assistance figuring the thing out.

Mine is now a backup to my Perdix AI.

I am sure you will be pleased, only like 50 dives on mine but hasn't missed a beat. I actually bought the old Oceanic Pro 2 out of classifieds today for my son, I am a fan.

Yeah I still need to learn the thing... but I did manage to put it in Freediving mode and did a bunch of 5 foot pool dives, activating it at the very bottom of the condo pool, LOL. Red tide is bad in the ocean here now.

@IncreaseMyT I’m sue your son will love the Pro plus, It’s a great easy to use air integrated computer… If anything it’s only fault is that it makes diving so easy that I don’t believe I ever learned some of the more difficult gas management skills. The computer tells you how much air time you have left on the fly and that is just great.

Yeah I still need to learn the thing... but I did manage to put it in Freediving mode and did a bunch of 5 foot pool dives, activating it at the very bottom of the condo pool, LOL. Red tide is bad in the ocean here now.

If you need any help just let me know. The trick is realizing that the menu you pull up is determined by the mode its in. So if its just showing the time and date, and you hit mode then you are going into the settings menu for the watch, not the computer.

If you want to change things in the dive computer, you need to hold mode and switch over to the computer interface THEN hit mode and that pulls up the menu for the computer settings. Thats the biggest hurdle. Once you are in the interface you want, the buttons on the left scroll up and down. And holding select down for a few seconds is the back button.

So lets say I wanted to set my FO2. Then I hold mode to go into the computer interface, then tap mode to bring up the menu, then use the buttons on the left of the watch to scroll the menu and tap select when I find what I want. So I would select "set gas" then select "gas 1" (always use gas 1 for rec diving) and then scroll and set my FO2 %.

Hope my quick tutorial helps :)

I love geeking on gear, but for me math and water don’t mix!

:rofl3:

I'm sorry for laughing, but I resemble that remark. I'm going tech sooner or later and the math in the books for the tech classes (Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures, etc.), scares the hell out of me. I'm told a lot of people use their computer and computer programs these days. Whew!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom