New Geo2 Treated myself today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

West coast, near Boca grande… It’s bad here lots of fish kills and I have to drive north to get in the water.
But it’s been fine at service club Park in Venice.

Last October, while on the Aquacat my ProPlus 3 failed at 108ft. I aborted the dive and came back to the boat (after a safety stop of course). I was able to get a computer from the crew to use for the rest of the week.

When I got home, I sent my PP3 in to get an estimate or to get fixed, and started looking for a new dive computer. Like @aquacat8 I picked up a Geo2 as a back up. Luckily, my PP3 was cost effective to fix and did not need to be replaced. Now, I have my PP3 as my primary and a Geo2 as a back-up. If my PP3 fails, then I will remove it from my 1st stage and replace it with an SPG and keep diving.

Congrats to @aquacat8 on your new Geo2. It seems that you & I are using the same logic.

Oceanic may be going through a funky time with the Huish takeover, but when my Datamaxmax pro plus developed battery issues after 16 years of faithful use, Oceanic, even though my computer was way out of warranty, offered me a refurbished Datamax Pro Plus 2 at a deep discount. Paired with the new Geo2 I’m hoping for many more years of good diving with Oceanic. I just feel bad for the guys that had to move to Utah from the bay area! It was a classic California company and a lot of the California divers I knew really liked their gear. Let’s hope Huish keeps it going strong once the change gets all sorted out!

Last edited:
Make sure the audible alarm is on. You can set it to where just the light flashes, or that the light flashes and the audible alarm is on. I would be surprised if you cannot hear it, I actually had to turn off my audible alarm because it kept freaking out other divers in my group, its really loud.

You would find these settings in dive computer mode, then tap mode for menu, then scroll for alarms. If you get lost hold the select button as your back button. Go in there and make sure the audible alarm is on. Also make sure its on for safety stop, you can turn them on and off for specific tasks
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom