New Geo2 Treated myself today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Marie13 I certainly admire your tech ambitions!

@aquacat8 glad you are able to enjoy something since the red tide is a little off putting for now. I love geeking out on gear too but can’t afford to right now lol but in due time still a full life ahead!

Sorry for the little highjack but @Marie13 I am glad you are still diving and are looking forward to taking tech classes you are amazing!

I have 30+ dives on mine, love it.
Only issue I have is, I can't hear the alarm. I know is on but won't activate on my safety stop.

I have 30+ dives on mine, love it.
Only issue I have is, I can't hear the alarm. I know is on but won't activate on my safety stop.

Make sure the audible alarm is on. You can set it to where just the light flashes, or that the light flashes and the audible alarm is on. I would be surprised if you cannot hear it, I actually had to turn off my audible alarm because it kept freaking out other divers in my group, its really loud.

You would find these settings in dive computer mode, then tap mode for menu, then scroll for alarms. If you get lost hold the select button as your back button. Go in there and make sure the audible alarm is on. Also make sure its on for safety stop, you can turn them on and off for specific tasks

Last edited:
I've been happily diving mine for 8 years. It was problem free right up until the head of one of the little screw that holds the watch band in place fell off in Bonaire a month or 2 ago. Fortunately I was able to replace the whole bar assembly with some parts I found at an online watch/jewelry parts vendor ( I should probably buy parts to make a spare as well - just for good measure)

good luck diving it - I found the menus pretty straight forward once I knew were to look for things. the "FWD and "BACK" buttons make navigating easy

@aquacat8 glad you are able to enjoy something since the red tide is a little off putting for now. I love geeking out on gear too but can’t afford to right now lol but in due time still a full life ahead!

Sorry for the little highjack but @Marie13 I am glad you are still diving and are looking forward to taking tech classes you are amazing!
Yeah the red tide is messing with my Florida vacation I’ve been looking forward to so long, but there sure are a lot more dive shops to explore!

Are you on the west or east coast? Is it that bad? So far it hasn't been terrible here, but it really sucks the Sugar Farmers have a strong hold on the politicians and they are still letting water out of Lake Okeechobee. This problem could easily be fixed if they would send the water south through the glades.

Have you been out and had problems from the red tide? Usually once your offshore its not a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom