New from Guadeloupe, french caribbean island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaphil-1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello everybody,

First, please apologize my bad english. :confused4:
I join SB for all interesting informations. But, don’t wait for on my participation, I would not stain the forum with my linguistic approximations.

Twenty seven years old in diving and only few days on SB...

Trained in France with FFESSM (French Federation of SubMarine Sports and Studies), I’m CMAS Instructor 3 stars and I teach diving for free as a hobby, in associative centers for over 15 years.

I learned diving in Mediterranean sea where I practiced a lot. But also in lakes and in Red Sea. For 2 years, I live in Guadeloupe (lesser antilles) where I enjoy diving in tropical water every week ! :cool2:

Welcome aboard! Please don't let your English hold you back from sharing your knowledge and experience. English is my only language and I still mess it up. There are a lot of good people on here to talk to.. join in please and they will figure it out or ask for more information :)

Nous sommes ravis de vous rencontrer. Il ya très peu d'instructeurs FFESSM ou CMAS ici.

Langues spécifiques ne sont pas importants. Utilisez celui que vous préférez.

Bienvenue à ScubaBoard!

I am in awe of anyone who can converse in more than one language :worship:

Welcome to ScubaBoard - hopefully you'll join in the conversation! (Most of us have pretty bad English!)

Ray

SAlut Scubaphil :). Je suis guyloup dans plongeur.com. Your english is pretty good for a frenchman :wink:. Most welcome to you :)

So, how is diving in Guadeloupe?
Sorry for ma late answer.

So diving in Guadeloupe is wonderful !
It is a classical of diving in caribbean sea, with hot water, coral reef and tropical fishes.
Diving is possible in more than 35 different professional centers along caribbean coast and in « large marine dead-end ».
All centers offer boat diving and most of them organize half-day trips, twice a day.

The most famous diving spots are located around the Pigeon islands, in the national park, commonnly named « Cousteau reserve », where there is more fishes and they are bigger.
But there are many others that are interesting diving sites :
- 3 very nice shipwrecks on 20, 30 and 40 meters deep (western coast)
- one plane wreck on 20 meters (northern coast, near Port-Louis),
- the « sec Paté », a wonderful submarine rocky peak (emerging from 2 or 3 hundreds meters deep to 15 meters deep on his highest point), considered as one of the 10 best dives in the caribbean sea
- many diving spots on coral reef in the western Basse-Terre or in the northern Grande-Terre
- but also beautiful others in peripheral islands like « Les Saintes », Marie-Galante or « La Désirade ».

So many reasons to come and dive in Guadeloupe. :)

---------- Post added September 15th, 2015 at 01:20 PM ----------

SAlut Scubaphil :). Je suis guyloup dans plongeur.com. Your english is pretty good for a frenchman :wink:. Most welcome to you :)
Hi Freewillow (alias guyloup) !
Glad to find known divers here.

what are the dive ops like? small boats? big cattle boats? generally how many tanks a day? is there any shore diving? what about opportunities for night dives?

are there any special rules? are Dive guides mandatory?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom