New french diver here !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Njord fr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

I'm Romain from France. I started diving a year and a half ago, and I have about 40 dives under my belt, which is awesome!

There's a quarry 30 minutes from my home, so I mainly dive there.

I'm heading to the Mediterranean Sea in April for a week to get my level 2 (PADI Advanced Open Water).

I plan to move into cave diving as soon as I've honed my skills and equipment.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the warm welcome!

Romain

Welcome to SB!

Bienvenue Romain.

I'm luckier than you: I've the Mediterranean Sea at 15 minutes from my house. I started to dive in Belgian quarries, so the improvement is noticeable. Where are you going in April?

Bonjour et bienvenu
Lots of great info here and great people too
Welcome to ScubaBoard

Hi!

I'm Romain from France. I started diving a year and a half ago, and I have about 40 dives under my belt, which is awesome!

I'm heading to the Mediterranean Sea in April for a week to get my level 2 (PADI Advanced Open Water).

Romain

Hi !

Where to you plan to dive in April ? Remember, the Med might be rough so early in the season.

As far as cave diving is concerned in France, the Lot is the go to place.

Have fun, dive safe.

Hi!

Romain
Welcome Romain!

Hi and welcome!

Nice to see some more French on the board!

You mind me asking where abouts you are currently?
I wish there were more diving lakes and quarries around here (Aude) I miss being able to head to a lake like Vobster quay for the day back in the UK.
My only real quick options now are heading to the Font Estramar or joining a group on a boat trip in the Med where I might be lucky to get 2 dives in and see a couple fish as the Med is pretty much Dead....

Anyway if you do want to get into Cave diving there are plenty of opportunities around, the Lot obviously as someone pointed out above, and a fair few around Spain too (Pozo Azul is one of my favourites)

So Bienvenue!

Amicalement,
Narked_Muffin

Hi and welcome!

Nice to see some more French on the board!

You mind me asking where abouts you are currently?
I don't mind. I'm living in the south west, and dive the Atlantic regularly, from Arcachon.
I wish there were more diving lakes and quarries around here (Aude)
Yeah, not so easy to dive fresh water in the south France. Btw, if you know any quarry or lake, I'd be glad to know which ones.
the Med is pretty much Dead....
I strongly disagree on that point. Been diving the Med for over 30 years, and I've seen much improvement. Try Cassis or Marseille, or le Var (especially Port Porquerolles/Cros marine reserve) or even the Alpes Maritimes (from Nice to the Italian border) and you'll see my point.

Bienvenue Romain.

I'm luckier than you: I've the Mediterranean Sea at 15 minutes from my house. I started to dive in Belgian quarries, so the improvement is noticeable. Where are you going in April?
Hey !
It seems that diving in quarries is a super training !
I am heading to Giens in April with my diving club, we we went there last year, it was nice !

Hi !

Where to you plan to dive in April ? Remember, the Med might be rough so early in the season.

As far as cave diving is concerned in France, the Lot is the go to place.

Have fun, dive safe.
Hey,

I am going with my diving club to Giens, did it last year, same time in the year, and it was OK, great visibility.
I did Hendaye in May, it was not the same, rough sea :D

Back
Top Bottom