New DPV - Dive Xtras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you start building a custom pack with extra cells, just remember that the Travel tube is basically neutral in fresh water with 2 x 12Ah packs and no additional weight added. So, if your custom pack weighs more than 2 x 12Ah packs, the scooter will end up negatively buoyant and nothing you can do about it.
You could pump out the air and replace it with hydrogen.

For those of you with the tech tube upgrade, how are you weighting your Blacktip for saltwater?

I have a relatively new Tech and have spent about 4 dives getting it dialed in for salt. With a medium stainless snap bolt toed to the nose, my nose assembly is 5.42 lbs. The two steel plates stay in the nose, as does the slotted plate in the forward tube. As it was told to me, add/subtract lead shot in the nose to make the scoot neutral, then move that slotted plate forward/aft to balance (you could also move the handle fore/aft as well). For fresh water, per the Dive X site, just take out the slotted trim weight.

Problem in need of solution: I have a relatively new Tech (4-5 dives), on double click for start in water, the actual start of the motor is intermittent. Yesterday, it could take 4-5 tries to get the motor started. I also see on occasion, the jerkey prop, giving it a quick push seems to start the motor. Currently, safe-start is disabled, and changed initial speed to 2. I figured I'd see what the hive-mind has for the weekend before talking with the shop.

Problem in need of solution: I have a relatively new Tech (4-5 dives), on double click for start in water, the actual start of the motor is intermittent. Yesterday, it could take 4-5 tries to get the motor started. I also see on occasion, the jerkey prop, giving it a quick push seems to start the motor. Currently, safe-start is disabled, and changed initial speed to 2. I figured I'd see what the hive-mind has for the weekend before talking with the shop.
Related to firmware? The motor controller checks position with Hall sensors. Propeller movement while the DPV is switched off seems to cause confusion for the controller. This issue has been mentioned before on FB, the latest firmware should have fixed that.

Related to firmware? The motor controller checks position with Hall sensors. Propeller movement while the DPV is switched off seems to cause confusion for the controller. This issue has been mentioned before on FB, the latest firmware should have fixed that.
I thought I had the latest firmware, but will check.

I and others have had the same issue. Dive-X is aware of the issue. No official response on a fix but I talked to a Beta tester and he said he was able to resolve the issue in coordination w/ Dive-X with a few steps that were more complicated than just a firmware fix. Something about recalibrating the motor to the esc. I expect Dive-X will address it once they have finalized the solution but, until then, you’ll need to hand rotate the prop first before startup.

I and others have had the same issue. Dive-X is aware of the issue. No official response on a fix but I talked to a Beta tester and he said he was able to resolve the issue in coordination w/ Dive-X with a few steps that were more complicated than just a firmware fix. Something about recalibrating the motor to the esc. I expect Dive-X will address it once they have finalized the solution but, until then, you’ll need to hand rotate the prop first before startup.
So what does the hand rotating prior to start? I'm assuming the trigger is not engaged.

Another long trip (15+ hours) on multiple carriers and through security checkpoints managed by whim.

BlackTip in a Nanuk 960 + a hand carried shipping case for the batteries = successful way to travel.

Arrived home last night to a set of 12Ah waiting on me. Thanks to SB members for posting about the periodic sales. Nice now to have a set of both 9Ah and 12Ah batteries for different applications but also just to be able to grab a totally fresh set during the SI.

I’m going to load test the 12Ah batteries in the next month down in Key West. I’ll think I’ll point it south and aim to surface when I hit Cuban dirt. Still need to pick out my Bebo Valdés theme song for the mission.

upload_2020-11-23_11-49-27.jpeg

So what does the hand rotating prior to start? I'm assuming the trigger is not engaged.

It somehow gets the prop sensor to align properly so it can start. Once it is aligned, it should work until you get off the trigger for more than a minute and then you have to redo the process.

Another long trip (15+ hours) on multiple carriers and through security checkpoints managed by whim.

BlackTip in a Nanuk 960 + a hand carried shipping case for the batteries = successful way to travel.

Arrived home last night to a set of 12Ah waiting on me. Thanks to SB members for posting about the periodic sales. Nice now to have a set of both 9Ah and 12Ah batteries for different applications but also just to be able to grab a totally fresh set during the SI.

I’m going to load test the 12Ah batteries in the next month down in Key West. I’ll think I’ll point it south and aim to surface when I hit Cuban dirt. Still need to pick out my Bebo Valdés theme song for the mission.

View attachment 626086

For the 960, is that for a travel or tech tube? Any details on the charger/battery box?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom