New diver spending 5 weeks in Indonesia...yeah!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright, everything is booked!

I had to shorten my trip in Lusa Nembongan and Bunaken by a day cause local flights were too early in the morning and could not catch the connections... :(

Day 1-3 Flight Canada-Bali
Day 3-8 - Padang Bai (Gecko Divers)
Day 8-13 - Nusa Lembongan (Two Fish Divers)
Day 13 - Night around Denpassar, not sure where...
Day 14 - Flight Bali-Manado
Day 14-19 - Bangka (Nomad Divers)
Day 19-23 - Lembeh (Two Fish Divers)
Day 23-27 - Bunaken (Two Fish Divers)
Day 27 - Night in Manado
Day 28 - Flight Manado-Labuhan Bajo
Day 28-34 - Labuhan Bajo (Dragon Dive Komodo)
Day 34 - Flight Labuhan Bajo-Bali
Day 35 - Denpassar
Day 36 - Flight Bali-Canada

I have about 50 dives booked so far and will do my AOW in Nusa Lembongan.

Will be going through my stuff soon to see how everything fits together. Will bring regulator, BCD, fins with booties, mask, computer and snorkel. Will get a wetsuit on site as needed...

Any last tips before I leave?? :)

Sebastien.

Do you own a wetsuit for these temperatures or no? If you do, I would bring it just in case. If you need to rent, up to a max of 50 dives scheduled, that is a lot of $ potentially gone to renting...and if you don't own one, it is more than enough to buy one.

Looks amazing and I think that month will go by so quickly. Have a blast!!!! Can we have a trip report when you return?

@Dan_T That looks just awesome!

@outofofficebrb The only wetsuit I own is a full 7mm for canadian waters :) nerver thought of buying another one but might be worth it now that you mention it. What kind of wetsuit would you recommend for Indonesia?

3mm and not a shorty

For sheer cant kill it durability and value for money get Adrenaline to mail you one of these. If Gecko doesnt mind you can use his address and the postage will be a lot less.

Ive been using one of their 3mms for a decade, have dived 30 + countries in it, total damage in (no idea how many dives) a decade bit of neoprene on bum worn and a tear in knee padding.

At that price (ironically same price I paid for mine a decade ago) if you dont think you will ever use it again give it to someone when you leave.

Adrenalin 'Enduro X' 3/2mm Steamer Wetsuit - Mens

In colder waters (like friggin new zealand or komodo at times) Ive added my hooded lavacore vest under it and a thermal shield over it but ive yet to cut a dive short because im cold. Might have been chilly a few times but never im freezing get me out of here.

Last edited:
I'm still debating on what wetsuit or skinsuit I should get for Komodo in May. I'll be diving North, Central and South. I have a 8mm for SoCal but it's superheavy and I'll probably burn alive in it.

I’ve been there 3 times, in June, August & December. Since it is near equator, temperatures always about the same. In the south usually a bit colder due to next to the Indian Ocean. I wear 3mm full wetsuit & after 3-4 days of 3-4 dives / day, I tend to get a slight cold & add 2mm shorty over my 3mm full wetsuit for the remaining 2-3 days of diving.

Last edited:
3mm full at least, I use a 3mm vest and hood with my 3mm, and I just got a 5mm and to replace my worn out 3mm, so my next trip I should be toasty.

I wear a full 5mm with the back partially zipped. Works absolutely great for me. One thing though: new wetsuits can be really floaty until they compress.

Also the best thing I ever did was to have a relief zipper installed. But I am an old man, not everyone needs to pee as much as I do I know, but NO SMELL! It mystifies me why everyone doesn't do it.

- Bill

I wear a full 5mm with the back partially zipped. Works absolutely great for me. One thing though: new wetsuits can be really floaty until they compress.

Also the best thing I ever did was to have a relief zipper installed. But I am an old man, not everyone needs to pee as much as I do I know, but NO SMELL! It mystifies me why everyone doesn't do it.

- Bill

When you are in Rome, do as the Romans do. When you are underwater do as the fish do, just let go without unzipping anything. No smell too if you flush it in shower head afterwards. :D

Back
Top Bottom