New diver spending 5 weeks in Indonesia...yeah!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always stayed in a nice little A/C bungalow on Lembongan, about 200 mtr from the beach, close to the Blue Corner diveshop/bar (one of the nicer laidback diving bars/restaurants on the island). Think I paid about 200.000 - 250.000 IDR a night. Have the card of the owner somewhere I think if you are interested.

Edited: seems it is on booking.com too now: ★ Shipwreck Point Inn, Lembongan, Indonesia
Probably best to contact directly if you want a week rate.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome :bounce:

Ok ok, I will go to Komodo! It was on my mind the first time I started planning this trip so let's do it. I will keep Lembeh and Komodo for the end of my trip so I will have about 60-70 dives under my belt so that should make things easier concerning confidence and skills. Considering my age and fitness, I am 36 years old and consider my self pretty fit so I should be good...

I will also do my AOW in Lembongan and maybe 1-2 speciality along the way (maybe drift diving and underwater naturalist). I already have Nitrox and Night Diver so that should be helopful :)

Here's the revised schedule so far. I have included the operators I am trying to deal with atm...) :

Day 1-3 Flight Canada-Bali
Day 3-8 - Padang Bai (Geko)
Day 8-14 - Nusa Lembongan (Two Fish Divers)
Day 14 - Flight Bali-Manado
Day 14-20 - Bangka (Nomad)
Day 20-25 - Bunaken (Two Fish)
Day 25-29 - Lembeh (Two Fish or DLL)
Day 29 - Flight Manado-Komodo
Day 29-34 - Komodo (Dragon Dive Komodo)
Day 34 - Flight Komodo-Bali
Day 35 - Denpassar
Day 36 - Flight Bali-Canada

Still waiting on some quotes for accomodation and diving but I am pretty sure that the destinations are final at this point.

What do you guys think? To much transfers/flight? Too much/not enough time at each places?

Thanks again! I am starting to be REALLY stoked for this :yeahbaby:

Cheers :cheers:

Sebastien.

Hmm, what do I think? Awesome!

I think you just make 3 of my previous diving trips to Indonesia into one single swoop LOL :D

Agree with @dirtfarmer on your No Fly time...I always do 24 hours just to be safe. The only other thing is that if you have not muck dived before and end up disliking it, that is a lot of time to be in Lembeh. I don't know if you plan to dive the whole time in Bali but maybe you want some down time in Bali. The massages are great or just to do some walking around, beach bumming, relaxing. :)

Any time one goes in or out of Bali at this point, just be aware that the volcano is currently erupting. Erupting, yes -- not much at the moment, but it is active (as are many volcanos in Indo and in the region). It's not cause for alarm, it is reason to be aware that your flights could be delayed, depending on ash emission and wind direction. It's a bit unpredictable and you should factor that in -- have a back-up plan if there are delays in or out.

OTOH, it's very nice in Bali right now -- no hordes of tourists. Low season, PLUS the volcano has scared away numbers of tourists.

- Bill

Also, FYI, you can get a 60-day Visa on Arrival if you pay $35. You have to go to the immigration guys BEFORE you line up for the passport check. Just say "60 days" and they will know what to do.

Or you can get the visa before you depart.

- Bill

Also, FYI, you can get a 60-day Visa on Arrival if you pay $35. You have to go to the immigration guys BEFORE you line up for the passport check. Just say "60 days" and they will know what to do.

Or you can get the visa before you depart.

- Bill

Has that changed? last time I was in Bali (2016) you could get two visas on arrival. The free 30-day non extendable one, and the 35 USD 30 day one which could be extended once. You still needed to go to immigration or a visa agent to extend it for the second 30 days to make it a total of 60 days.

Last edited:
Has that changed? last time I was in Bali (2016) you could get two visas on arrival. The free 30-day non extendable one, and the 35 USD 30 day one which could be extended once. You still needed to go to immigration or a visa agent to extend it for the second 30 days to make it a total of 60 days.

I think you're right. I can't remember for sure if you need to get it extended while in Bali. Thanks for the correction.

- Bill

I could never understand why countries like Indonesia and Philippines make life so difficult to tourists on visa. And even more complicated and time consuming if the poor soul wants to extend it.

You want a retirement visa in Bali? Here's how:

IMG_7743.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom