New diver spending 5 weeks in Indonesia...yeah!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I counted ~ 23 bill folds of 10 x Rp.100.000 ~ Rp.230 millions x $1 / Rp.13.500 ~ $1,700

:D

Last edited:
One of the few countries in the world that billionaire means nothing!!!
Indonesia should phase out everything under one thousand IDR and cancel the last three zero on the note. Peru had done that many years ago.

It's IDR 22Million - about $1600 as Dan said! For TWO people, a year's multiple entry visa, no monthly renewal required. It includes KITAS, some dive ops give us a big discount for having that.

At first it seemed like a lot to us, but we checked around and it is what others pay. (Though if someone knows how to get it for less, I'm all ears!) Other countries I have checked (western or more developed countries) charge much more AND it is much more difficult to get. Here, you put on the form whatever they tell you to, and pretty much just pay.

As to the corruption part - yes, it is corrupt, and yes, we are part of the problem by participating in it. OTOH it is the way things are done AFAIK. You may judge us poorly for that if you wish.

Thanks,

Bill

Not necessarily.
In some countries you need to "lubricate" to get thing done.
The "lubricator" is as guilty to this cancer as the receiver. I never bribed anybody here.

The "lubricator" is as guilty to this cancer as the receiver. I never bribed anybody here.
Our van was stopped at the road block in Lombok many yrs ago. The police indicated to our driver about certain things(defects) on the van and the drive paid up. Actually, the police was taking money from every vehicle they stopped. I asked the driver what would happen if he refused to pay. The answer was very simple: a heavy fine for driving an defected vehicle even there is nothing wrong with the vehicle.
In the old days HK citizen holding "Certificate of Identity" and with valid Indonesian visa still have to pay the Immigration Officials when they arrived in the country!! They have two choices: go home or pay up. Who are the guilty parties?
As for you never bribed anybody in Indonesia! It is your word.

You guys are awesome :bounce:

Ok ok, I will go to Komodo! It was on my mind the first time I started planning this trip so let's do it. I will keep Lembeh and Komodo for the end of my trip so I will have about 60-70 dives under my belt so that should make things easier concerning confidence and skills. Considering my age and fitness, I am 36 years old and consider my self pretty fit so I should be good...

I will also do my AOW in Lembongan and maybe 1-2 speciality along the way (maybe drift diving and underwater naturalist). I already have Nitrox and Night Diver so that should be helopful :)

Here's the revised schedule so far. I have included the operators I am trying to deal with atm...) :

Day 1-3 Flight Canada-Bali
Day 3-8 - Padang Bai (Geko)
Day 8-14 - Nusa Lembongan (Two Fish Divers)
Day 14 - Flight Bali-Manado
Day 14-20 - Bangka (Nomad)
Day 20-25 - Bunaken (Two Fish)
Day 25-29 - Lembeh (Two Fish or DLL)
Day 29 - Flight Manado-Komodo
Day 29-34 - Komodo (Dragon Dive Komodo)
Day 34 - Flight Komodo-Bali
Day 35 - Denpassar
Day 36 - Flight Bali-Canada

Still waiting on some quotes for accomodation and diving but I am pretty sure that the destinations are final at this point.

What do you guys think? To much transfers/flight? Too much/not enough time at each places?

Thanks again! I am starting to be REALLY stoked for this :yeahbaby:

Cheers :cheers:

Sebastien.
That sounds like a blast and I'm really jealous.

Back
Top Bottom