New Dive Rite CX1: First Impressions and reflections..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there a lockout to prevent the button activating the light when you don't want to? That's one feature I like about the tail cap switches.

Also, if I understand correctly, you can charge the battery while it's installed. Most of the time I'm taking it out and putting it on a separate charger, but having a USB port is a nice addition for those long weekend trips when you want to minimize gear you're packing. Can you show the rear charging port?

Replacement tail cap works perfectly. I also got a pair of snap ring pliers and was able to eventually loosen and take apart the original tail cap. Rust everywhere, on the threads, spring completely rusty but still had some shape and spring to it, and the inside (magnet?) piece covered in rust. Tried to clean it the best I could just to see. It's nowhere near the way the new one works and the button doesn't always spring back, but it's improved. When I get back I may try to clean it up some more.

I will also be sure to take apart the new tail cap piece after the dive trip and clean/dry it out.

Is there a lockout to prevent the button activating the light when you don't want to? That's one feature I like about the tail cap switches.

Also, if I understand correctly, you can charge the battery while it's installed. Most of the time I'm taking it out and putting it on a separate charger, but having a USB port is a nice addition for those long weekend trips when you want to minimize gear you're packing. Can you show the rear charging port?

Not sure, thats not me

Gave the old tail cap and pieces a bath in some CLP (Clean-Lube-Protect) gun oil, including some wire brushing etc. By the time I had it all said and done it seems to be working at about 90% of the smoothness of the new one that arrived. Thanks for the idea on this thread!

After all that my PCR test came back positive so no trip. Messed up Christmas plans and the wife's 50th. Sucks, but in light of what some others are going through at least we're still around.

@FezUSA

Sorry to hear you’ve got the plague. :(

I dove the CX2 last week in Cave Country for a little over 14 dives as a back up to my primary but did make sure I used it on every dive.

It was awesome and I have zero complaints. The battery indicator on the switch is nice. Happy to try to answer any questions that are not super technical in nature.

Did anyone else notice how smooth and completely unblemished this guy's skin is? It looks like baby skin.

After all that my PCR test came back positive so no trip. Messed up Christmas plans and the wife's 50th. Sucks, but in light of what some others are going through at least we're still around.

Nooooooo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom