New Dive Rite CX1: First Impressions and reflections..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fez, if Dive Rite can't help you out tomorrow, please shoot me a PM. I can mail you a CX1 tailcap if you could just please mail it back when you are back. Need to know tomorrow so I can get it in the mail Tuesday to make it to you on time.

The CX1 was their first foray into the space between the BX2 and the LX20+, and they needed to find something that didn't use the super basic no modes of the screw on/off, but cheaper than the sliding ring on/off from their more expensive primary lights. The CX2 hopefully ends up being longer lived, but I think we should encourage manufacturers to innovate and Dive Rite typically has top notch customer service.

But like most manufacturers, they aren't open on weekends.

I got one CX1 but decided I didn't like the tailcap so I stopped at one. If you unscrew it (carefully with those two holes on the ring around the push button) I bet your spring is corroded. I will be picking up a CX2 soon, I have a problem with affordable lights...and I need two for my helmet...

Update: DRIS got back to me and said they had spoken to DR but unfortunately no tail cap assemblies available. They did offer a nice discount on a CX2, however not currently in stock and a few orders ahead of me. They also provided some alternative options that were in stock.

After reading some of the above comments I called DR directly. They had responded to the form I had filled out on their website Saturday, and said that they now have a tail cap that they can send me, and I chose to pay expedited shipping to ensure it gets here in time. UPS picked it up last night and it should be here Wednesday, giving me a 2 day buffer.

They also called me back and were willing to trade me my CX1 for a CX2 'at cost'. It was a very generous offer and I almost took them up on it. However I already have 3 batteries and mount for the CX1, and according to them the tail cap issue didn't impact all of them, just a number of them. I hope that the replacement will not suffer the same issue and that the CX1 will last more than a year. My next trip after this will be in July, so I'll know more closer to that time!!

Kudos to both Tim at DRIS for staying on top of the issue and being willing to work with me on it, and to DR for their response and handling of the situation.

And a huge thank you to @JahJahwarrior for being willing to loan me his!! This is one of the main reasons I'm part of this community, the willingness to help one another out in situations like this.

Update: DRIS got back to me and said they had spoken to DR but unfortunately no tail cap assemblies available. They did offer a nice discount on a CX2, however not currently in stock and a few orders ahead of me. They also provided some alternative options that were in stock.

After reading some of the above comments I called DR directly. They had responded to the form I had filled out on their website Saturday, and said that they now have a tail cap that they can send me, and I chose to pay expedited shipping to ensure it gets here in time. UPS picked it up last night and it should be here Wednesday, giving me a 2 day buffer.

They also called me back and were willing to trade me my CX1 for a CX2 'at cost'. It was a very generous offer and I almost took them up on it. However I already have 3 batteries and mount for the CX1, and according to them the tail cap issue didn't impact all of them, just a number of them. I hope that the replacement will not suffer the same issue and that the CX1 will last more than a year. My next trip after this will be in July, so I'll know more closer to that time!!

Kudos to both Tim at DRIS for staying on top of the issue and being willing to work with me on it, and to DR for their response and handling of the situation.

It's been about two weeks now and I'm still waiting for my CX2. This better be 1,000 lumens of pure sexy for all the anticipation its causing me.

Dive Rite, like all of the cave diving companies, are good people. I like their products, I dive their products, and sometimes I break their products, too :)

There is a ring around the button that has 2 holes in it, you can use something to turn that and remove the push button. For example, two allen wrenches, gripped in a large monkey wrench, makes a pin wrench in a pinch. Pop that out every once in a while and check the spring and stuff in there, see if it's corroding.

At the end of the day, anything to help divers out when I can. Will be picking up a pair of CX2 to go on a helmet in the spring.

Dive Rite, like all of the cave diving companies, are good people. I like their products, I dive their products, and sometimes I break their products, too :)

There is a ring around the button that has 2 holes in it, you can use something to turn that and remove the push button. For example, two allen wrenches, gripped in a large monkey wrench, makes a pin wrench in a pinch. Pop that out every once in a while and check the spring and stuff in there, see if it's corroding.

At the end of the day, anything to help divers out when I can. Will be picking up a pair of CX2 to go on a helmet in the spring.

I'll be diving with the CX2 in a month in Coz and make a report on it if I can remember.

It's been about two weeks now and I'm still waiting for my CX2. This better be 1,000 lumens of pure sexy for all the anticipation its causing me.

DRIS told me they don't have CX2's in stock and that if I did want one there were a number of orders ahead of me, going back to about mid-November.

DRIS told me they don't have CX2's in stock and that if I did want one there were a number of orders ahead of me, going back to about mid-November.

I got a message from them yesterday that they received the CX2's from DR yesterday and were shipping them out today.

Replacement tail cap arrived!! It's a really cold piece of metal right now!! Will test it out after work and make sure it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom