New dive park thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess your tanks stuck out of the water? Been there, done that. :D

Double 108's at that, it was winter, water temp was 43 degrees, max depth was 5 feet, it was like ~20-25 out and windy, by the time I got my suit off and threw it in the back of the truck it was stiff. I dove it with micha (sorry if I butchered your name, I can't spell!) he lived close by, by the time we got back to his house (like 3 minutes away) his gear was frozen all into a single lump in the back of the truck with ice cicles all over the back.

good times

I don't recall a posting in the Dive Reports thread.

I remember the post you are talking about, but I don't think it was a post on it's own. It was buried in something else. I also seem to remember the poster was a firefighter (not like that helps) or something like that.

I don't recall a posting in the Dive Reports thread.

It would probably be classified as a "power snorkel" rather than an actual scuba dive

I may be wrong as i am frequently am, but i seem to recall the post but if my memory serves me correctly it was a private area and the only reason people were diving it was to survey it for the owner and they hoped it would end up being a new dive spot but were not sure it would happen.

This was the quote-
I'll show you a place to dive that's the same drive time as cssp from DFW but makes cssp look like a kiddy park...doesn't have much in the way of structures like the plane and boat at cssp but has shelves and a learning platform...also goes down to about 110

I had a similar conversation with a friend about this site. This is as he described it.
Apparently, the fire dept was allowed to run a practice drill at the site in mention. I do not know were it is or how to get there. However, it matches up with what I was told in private.

Worth mentioning the water table by CSSP is about 40ft deep and much lower than that and you hit a spring and presto you end up with a pond.
So if the site is 110ft deep then it is not in this neighborhood.

It would be nice if we had another location.

Andrew

Please reveal the new dive site! I've often wondered about the lakes left around here in E. Texas, after they have mined for lignite coal, and then later restore the land. I've heard they're deep and clear... Evidently they are still private property, however? Belong to the coal mine co? There's some east of Sulphur Springs that I've heard tales of.

I also remember a few years ago there was someone who posted on here about a suspected honey hole near Marshall. Does anyone know anything about that one? The guy was supposed to be diving it soon, and was going to report back... don't think he was a regular though, never heard anything else about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom