New dive park thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was me who said that...I am still trying to get more information before I post it all up to ensure the facts are spread around.

The way it came about is that we at the fire dept did training dives there several months ago and spoke with the folks who manage the lake. It will be a non-motorized water sports only park. Eventually they will add camp sites (primitive camping will be available when open). The guy told us that it goes to 110' deep in several places. I myself went to 65' and had to come up a bit due to excruciating thermoclines. Even at 65' deep it was pretty clear with a few feet of visibility.

I believe we're going back out there this month to dive and if we do I will for sure get more information then...will try before then though

I believe, based on what STony said and the fact Frank is involved, this may be the eastern-most point of the Paris tunnels. Based on K-Valve's 1:55 dive on 24% gas, if you staged bottles in the channel at say, Mount Pleasant, you should be able to do the dive in maybe 30 hours, but YMMV... I am working with Google EArth to find the exact lat/long but it is hard to tell...

The picture looks like the Frank we know, but I can't believe he actually said:

It was 62 degrees on the bottom and in a 3 mil. suit that was kinda chilly.

:shocked2:

Last edited:
IThen I woke up ...... I guess it was just a Wet Dream
:D

PeppermintP, do you still think it's strange that he said it was a little cool at 62 degrees in a sleeveless 3mm wetsuit? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Q to Frank --
Do you realize what a profound effect it is that you have upon people's lives? Read this thread. You are one unusual dude, my friend. Please promise you will never endeavor to be a cult leader.

At least, don't ask us to drink the kool-aid. :wink:

I was in San Antonio staying at the Menger Hotel just the other day
and woke around 5:00 am.
"Put on Sandals, Shorts, Tee shirt...... and sauntered across the street to the Alamo.
As far as I could see in any direction there were no people.

I had the place to myself for almost 30 minutes after that.

Dark .... quiet.... chilly....... sort of got to clear my mind...... Thought about you folks.

Bliss......

.. like a Solo Dive :wink:

Back
Top Bottom