New DGX regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my DGX XTRA Streamlined setup.
Initial impressions:

22" hose is short.
SPG hose is a little short.

These are the "best practice" lengths that as you point out most experienced divers prefer for streamlining, and I suspect you just need a few dives to adjust to the lengths. If you find the default hose lengths aren't working for you, we are happy to exchange for alternative lengths you feel work better for you. Also, Dive Gear Express is happy to build up our DGX custom regulator packages with alternative lengths for any hose, just include your request in the Special Instructions dialog box at checkout.

These are the "best practice" lengths that as you point out most experienced divers prefer for streamlining, and I suspect you just need a few dives to adjust to the lengths. If you find the default hose lengths aren't working for you, we are happy to exchange for alternative lengths you feel work better for you. Also, Dive Gear Express is happy to build up our DGX custom regulator packages with alternative lengths for any hose, just include your request in the Special Instructions dialog box at checkout.

No worries! I had some hoses here so it wasn't a crisis. :)
Thank you for your response though!
I love the reg!

@DiveGearExpress

@DiveGearExpress

Does your 2nd stage have the feature where you can press in the center of the cover and twist it, to lock it in place, so that the seat inside has no pressure on it when the reg is stored?

]

Sorry if I missed your answer.

Thank you.

I just received the streamlined XTRA open water set. I bought it for an upcoming liveaboard in Egypt, since I sold my old Mikron and my new Atomic T3 is still out of stock after I paid in full 4 months ago at LDS... I plan to use it for local diving in the summer and eventually convert it to side mount for cenotes. First impression out of the box:
  • quality gear and flex hoses with all the accessories, including a nice DIN to Yoke adapter that is smaller and lighter than the Mares one I recently got for T3.
  • the machined parts looked well made, except for minor scratches on the metal part of the 2nd stage (it does not bother me, as it will probably look worse after 1 boat trip).
  • I went for the standard hose length on their website; the 22'' BCD hose is slightly too short to my liking (my AL Zuma travel bcd had 25''), so I swapped with a 26'' spare.
  • It is kind of heavy and bulky at 2.4kg (5.3 lbs) for the set (without transmitter) compared to Mikron and similar to my old Mares Abyss 22 Navy II.
I do not have a tank to test at home. I assume it is ready for use in the water and finger crossed ~

@jdevic Can you answer this please:

"Does your 2nd stage have the feature where you can press in the center of the cover and twist it, to lock it in place, so that the seat inside has no pressure on it when the reg is stored?"

The open water streamlined set is really a deal at 549 dollars. The first stage really looks like a MK25, I wonder what the second stage is similar to?

It’s really a whopper of a deal, coming in 250 dollars cheaper to the comparable D6 setup. I suppose D6 has build up a solid reputation now and can charge a bit more of a premium, while the DGX gears brand is new and is probably being sold at razor margins to try to get into the market.

I'm on my second season with my DGX xtra regs and am very very happy with them. I've got a second setup usually for bo that I need to order another 2nd stage for so I can ship my primary set back for its bi-annual.

I just received the streamlined XTRA open water set. I bought it for an upcoming liveaboard in Egypt, since I sold my old Mikron and my new Atomic T3 is still out of stock after I paid in full 4 months ago at LDS... I plan to use it for local diving in the summer and eventually convert it to side mount for cenotes. First impression out of the box:
  • quality gear and flex hoses with all the accessories, including a nice DIN to Yoke adapter that is smaller and lighter than the Mares one I recently got for T3.
  • the machined parts looked well made, except for minor scratches on the metal part of the 2nd stage (it does not bother me, as it will probably look worse after 1 boat trip).
  • I went for the standard hose length on their website; the 22'' BCD hose is slightly too short to my liking (my AL Zuma travel bcd had 25''), so I swapped with a 26'' spare.
  • It is kind of heavy and bulky at 2.4kg (5.3 lbs) for the set (without transmitter) compared to Mikron and similar to my old Mares Abyss 22 Navy II.
I do not have a tank to test at home. I assume it is ready for use in the water and finger crossed ~
please test this locally before relying on it to work.for a liveaboard trip. I'd recommend that for EVERY regulator brand/model

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom